Chapter 21

"Long Nose Usopp!"

"A marine!"

She paused. "Oh no, I'm not a marine-"

"Don't lie! (A/N: the irony..) I saw you in the papers!"

"Huh? What papers!?"

A dramatic finger pointed to her.

"You! You were in the papers! You were labelled missing but I'm pretty sure it's just a ploy to catch us off-guard!"

"No, I'm actually not -"

Usopp groaned. "Where are Sanji and Zoro when you need them???"

"Wait..," she paused. "Roronoa.. he's here too?"

Usopp clamped his hand over his mouth. "Nope! I'm not divulging any information about my crew. Over my dead body!!" He turned his face dramatically to the side as if to prove his point.

Then, he awaited a blow on the head or capturing devices being thrown at him, but when he sensed no movements coming from her direction, he slowly turned to the spot where she was, and found it empty.

He looked around but she had already walked away and disappeared.

"Huh? That's weird."

He ran back to the ship.

.
.
.

Nami and Robin had already returned from their shopping spree when Usopp came running back.

"Nami!" He began in a rush of excitement. The girls turned to see what had him in a breathless state.

"Remember that marine we saw on the papers the other day?"

"Yeah, what about her?"

"It was so weird. I just ran into her and we had this conversation but then she suddenly disappeared."

"Oh? And she made no move to disassemble all your bones and sell you to the black market and just let you go scot free?" Robin joined the conversation.

Nami and Usopp turned to her with a repulsed expression.

"You're as dark as ever."

"What's going on here?" Zoro came over to see what the commotion was about.

"A notice of a missing marine was in the newspaper the other day," Usopp started again. "They didn't say anything about her being found but I kinda ran into her just now. What was her name again...? L/..? L/N Y/..?" Usopp trailed off.

Zoro did a double take. "Who?"

Don't tell me she-

"I can't seem to remember her name," Usopp folded his arms together and assumed a sombre expression.

"Where is the paper with that article then?"

Nami gave him a look. "You threw it into the sea."

Zoro mentally facepalmed.

Putting on a disinterested air, he muttered, "Well whatever."

Then he hopped off the ship. "I'm going for a walk."

Usopp bent over the ship in an attempt to stop him. He shouted, "DON'T, ZORO! WHAT IF YOU GET LOST!?"

Sanji also rushed out of the kitchen to shout specifically, "DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! IF YOU GET LOST, NO ONE IS COMING TO SAVE YOUR ASS."

"SHUT UP, ERO-COOK! I DON'T NEED SAVING, ESPECIALLY FROM YOU!" Zoro shouted back.

Huffing he muttered, "Seriously..I'm not a child."

And then turning around, he walked away from the ship, definitely not on his way to see if he'd encounter a certain marin- a certain ex-marine.

______________

A/N: To anyone who may be keeping up with this shit(😂😂) the next update might be due next week because I've got tests occupying me this week. Thankyou for reading! Bye bye!!