Chapter 9

"Yo."

The lunch hall was in chaos, as usual.

Zoro grunted as she sat opposite him. She couldn't decipher anymore whether it was acknowledgement or disappointment, she just accepted it.

She looked at his lunch tray and winced. That didn't look good. Today's lunch looked particularly worse.

When Zoro didn't show any signs of starting a conversation, she rapped on the table.

He looked up to see a mischievous glint in her eyes. Reaching inside her blazer, she took out a small flask.

His eyebrows rose in question, and she waved her hands.

"Don't worry, I won't get into trouble this time. It's just a little bit," she grinned.

"You'll be leaving this place soon, so let's have a drink together before you go."

Saying so, she poured the sake into his cup and tilted her flask towards him, urging him to do the same.

Zoro copied her and raised his cup, allowing her to softly clink her flask against it whispering a "Cheers!"

While she downed her sake, she missed the smile that escaped his lips as he whispered back silently, "Cheers."

_____________________________

The halls were quiet.

All the prisoners were asleep. And she should have been too.

And yet, she was in front of his cell again.

If anyone had walked in on her, they'd have found her resting her head on her arms, her knees pulled up to her chest, looking at the man inside the cell.

And if they listened close enough, they'd have also heard her whisper-talking to the sleeping man.

"Your execution is just the day after tomorrow and security keeps getting tighter...

When are you going to escape, Roronoa?"

A/N This chapter is short, and honestly shit.. I'm sorry 💀