PART II /GETTING BY/

A/N: Earlier, in a previous chapter, I mentioned writing bonus chapters about the reader fitting in and stuff, so consider this chapter as such. It's basically tid bits from her early days in the ship, so the following events don't necessarily happen on the same day..

She had offered to help Sanji with breakfast.

The blonde was delighted- showering her with compliments until she was completely embarrassed, and then requesting her to help him dice up the vegetables.

She looked up when she heard someone enter the kitchen.

"Oh, good morning Ro- Zoro."

He nodded at her. "Morning."

She redirected her gaze back to the carrots she was chopping. It was still weird calling him so; the name felt so foreign to her tongue.

He had asked her to switch to his first name, saying it felt weird to hear 'Roronoa' in the ship.

"How about honorifics? Would you like me to address you with honorifics?"

Zoro looked at her, skeptical. Was she messing around with him?

"Zoro-san? Zoro-kun?" She continued without waiting for a verbal response. "Zoro-sama? Zoro-dono? Zoro-tan?"

Okay, she was definitely annoying him.

She paused and gave him a cheshire smile.

"Zoro-chan?"

Zoro grimaced. What had he been even expecting?

"Pfft-"

"Oi-"

She was full on cackling now, wheezing in between laughs to take in air.

He karate chopped her head.

"ACK-"

"ZoRo! Just call me ZORO!"

She felt herself smile. Oh, she was definitely going to call him that.

...on "special" occasions.

__________

"The wind is starting to get stronger," Nami surveyed the skies. "There might be a storm. You guys, tie up the sails!"

"Aye aye, Nami-swaaann!" Sanji immediately dove into action, Zoro and the others following suit.

Y/N found herself atop the mast, securing the sails tightly. She was about to climb down when she saw a rope hanging down. She grinned.

Zoro heard a shout above him.

"WEEE-"

He looked up when she shouted his name.

"LOOK, ZORO! I'M FLYING!!"

She was indeed "flying"- her hand gripping the rope firmly, her body went round and round the mast, circling her way down.

He resisted the urge to shake his head or roll his eyes (or smile).

"...so stupid."

His eyes fell on her grip on the rope.

Oi. That's kinda dangerous..

The end of the rope was closing in on her fist, meaning it would soon escape her grip, causing her to fall.

"Y/N-saaan!" Sanji called out. "You look like an angel, but that appears dangerous!" (A/N: I know I'm writing this, but I can't, with Sanji XDDDD) He stretched open his arms, "BUT DONT WORRY, YOU CAN FALL INTO MY ARMS ANYTIM-"

BONK!

"OI! WHAT WAS THAT FOR, YOU SHITHEAD!?"

"Just felt like it."

"You marimo-"

Meanwhile, the "damsel in distress" had fallen safely into cyborg arms.

"That was dangerous," Franky chided her, looking half amused.

"I'm sorry," she gave him a sheepish smile. "Thankyou, Franky."

"No problemo!" He flashed her a grin.

Chopper walked up to them, looking slightly anxious. "Let's go in, it'll start raining soon."

She looked down fondly at the reindeer. Picking him up, she hummed in agreement. "Yeah, let's go."

Zoro and Sanji were still throwing taunts and kicks at each other when the rain started falling.

_____________

"HAHAHAHAHA-"

Robin looked up from her book to see Zoro cracking up by the side of the ex marine.

"For real!" She persisted. "He told me eating ants would make me stronger!"

They were both sitting on the floor enjoying the breeze. Her arms were crossed like her legs were, but Zoro had his arm resting on his knee while the other rested on his thigh.

"AND YOU BELIEVED HIM?" Zoro burst out in between laughs.

"I WAS A CHILD!"

His laughter subsided and they were both silent for a moment until he spoke up.

"So... you ate any?"

She scoffed. "As if."

.
.
.

"Okay, maybe one."

"Puhahahahahaha-"

Robin broke out into a smile. She told Brook who was next to her, "Our swordsman seems to be having fun."

Brook followed her gaze. "Yohohohoho. It appears so."

Yep. This ex marine was getting by just fine.

~~~