Chapter 20

A/N: In the beginning I said I'd kinda follow the timeline but scratch that💀. We're abandoning that thought. The events that follow next will be non-canon. Also , I tried writing in the first person for once :D

Sabaody...the only place I've ever truly known.

I step foot on the island with a cloak over myself. I breathe in the air and feel myself relax.

My steps lead me through the bustling market and through nostalgic hotspots that were starting to lose their familiarity.

A poster in the corner catches my attention.

Hmm? A festival?

I go nearer to see what it is about.

Start of Sping Festival.

A smile breaks out on my face. Saboady always did love its festivals.

I turn to leave.

At least, this might make it easier for me to find a part time job.

I might need to get a disguise though...

_________________

Another group of people had also learned about the festival.

"Really? Do we have time for this?" Zoro looked at his captain.

"Of course," Luffy grinned. "It's a Fes-Ti-Val!"

"FES-TI-VAL! FES-TI-VAL! FES-TI-VAL!" Usopp and Chopper joined him, the trio manouvering around the crew like a mini train.

Nami shook her head but smiled. "Might as well loosen up too. Wanna go shopping, Robin?"

The older female chuckled. "Sure, I could use some new outfits."

Immediately, Sanji was by their side. "Well then, ladies. Allow me to accompany you on your shopping spree."

Nami gave a nod of approval. "Sure, we'll need someone to carry our stuff anyway."

"Hai, NAMI-SWAAA-"

"I'll stay back and keep watch," Zoro interrupted.

"Oi-"

"Yohohohoho~ I can stay back too," Brooke offered.

"Why is everyone cutting me of-"

"I need to go get some repairs for the ship," Franky stepped out as well.

Luffy and Usopp were already off, Chopper tailing behind.

"You know what, nevermind," Sanji lit up his cigarette and got off the ship, catching up to the girls.

_________________

"Come on, isn't there something more inconspicuous?" She found herself muttering as her eyes skimmed through the flashy masks.

'Seriously, I need to get a job soon. Just give me something that blends in!!'

Her back collided into another's when she took a step back to get a wider view of the selection; and her cloak fell off her head.

"Oh I'm sorry, I -" her eyes found the person she had crashed into.

"Wait. You're-"

"You're -" he also began.

.
.
.

"Long Nose Usopp!"

"A marine!"