Chapter 2 - [Beauty and the Scary Eyes]

I considered myself a girly-girl... partially because I loved to wear dresses and I also loved makeup. That put me in the category of girly-girl, right?

     Unfortunately for me, my girly-girl attire was not suitable for clubbing, apparently.

     When I walked out of the washroom in my new, baby blue polka-dot summer dress, Aurora looked at me in shock. "Oh my god, May are you serious?"

     I let my hair out of my bun, getting ready to style it, "What's wrong? It's May... the weather's beautiful."

     By the way, yes, my parents did name me after the month I was born in.

     Lazy, yes I know.

     "May, this is not clubbing attire! We're trying to look like we're nineteen, remember? Not twelve!"

     I could tell that Aurora was trying to hold back her laugh but at the same time, trying to look strict.

     "And I knew you would do something like this, which is why I brought you this," she pulled an orange dress out of the backpack.

     "It's long-sleeved!" I said as I took it from her and examined it, "I'll sweat like a pig!"

     "You'll sweat like a pig no matter what you wear," she said, referring to my crazy sweat glands.

     I sighed and turned back into the washroom.

     After regrettably removing the dress that my brother sent me for my birthday, I squeezed myself into Ro's dress. She was a size smaller than me, so it was a miracle that I fit into it.

     But once I was in it, I was rather impressed. It hugged my curves perfectly, falling to just above my knees. However, the long sleeves were surely going to ruin my night since I could already feel myself starting to sweat, even though I was wearing deodorant.

     When I came out of the washroom, Ro looked thrilled, "perfecto! Look at you, hottie!"

     I blushed and gave her a silly look.

     "Now wear these," she said as she walked over to me and handed me a pair of pretty earrings and a nice necklace. I thanked her, but handed back the necklace. "I'm not changing my necklace, though."

     Aurora looked at the ankh necklace that was currently around my neck and remembered that I never took that off. It was a memento of my aunty. It belonged to her and she gave it to me before she passed away.

     The Ro chuckled, "oops, I forgot." I knew she wouldn't argue with me on that one.       

     But after thanking her once more, I rushed to my vanity and began to finish up with getting ready.

     I had to borrow my brother's car for the night, since Ro's was currently at the garage. Despite him being in a different city, I still had to ask him for permission and though he was kind of nervous at the idea of it, he let me take it.

     And then we were off.

     When we got to the club, I was super nervous. I was quite certain that we were going to get into a lot of trouble, especially since Dom told us to just show the bouncer our regular ID.

     The bouncer was nothing like I imagined him to be. I imagined a burly, frightening looking man who had no other look to spare except for a glare.

     I was right about the glare part... but aside from that he was a normal looking guy. When we showed him our ID, he looked at our face, then our ID, then back at us. Then, he pulled out a piece of paper, held it next to our IDs then handed the IDs back to us.