Chapter 20 - [Beauty and the Confession]

HEY GUYS!

I just wanted to say again that I've put up the prologue of a new story called THE HAPPINESS COORDINATOR! If you haven't already, please check it out and let me know what you think because I really wanna know if people are going to like it or not! It would mean so much to me! <3 HEHE!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!

-Luckycharms <3

-----------

-----------

Atem wasn't lying when he said that my brother was coming... fast. He was literally at my place right before I went to work the day after Atem told me he was coming.

     "Mayaleena," he called the second I walked in from work.

     I wanted to roll my eyes but didn't because I knew he was gonna take my side. He just wanted to discipline me.

     "What on earth do you think you're doing?"

     "I didn't do anything, Marv."

     Marv groaned and practically didn't notice Atem leave from behind me and walk towards his room, "I know you didn't, May, but you could have at least tried to be nice."

     "Why should I be nice?" I asked, "he's the one being an asshole."

     My brother put a hand on his head, "well dad's pissed off at me now too–"

     "No way," I crossed my arms, "dad would never be mad–"

     "The apartment is under my name, May," he said, "I told dad that he can't be taking money from you to begin with... and that he can't kick you out."

     I hesitated.         

     "You're not going anywhere," he said, "you're staying here. And you don't need to pay dad anymore."

     No way. "Marv... what did you say to him?"

     "Don't worry about it," he said, "I just put down some conditions that dad accepted."

     "What conditions?"

     "I said don't worry about it."

     Knowing Marv, he probably told our dad something along the lines of 'if you don't be nice to May, I'm going to switch to trying to get a PhD.'

     Secretly, Marv did really want to continue his education and get a PhD... but instead he threw aside his own desires to make my parents happy.

     "Marv... you didn't have to do that... I was going to be staying with Uncle Ethan–"