Chapter 36 - [Magic and the Pharaoh]

Hey everyone!

I have a question for you all! I've been having a little bit of difficulty figuring out what genre to put this story under. It's currently under Historical Fiction, but I'm not exactly sure if that one is the best one. So I wanted to ask what you guys thought!

The one's I'm thinking between are Fantasy, Historical Fiction and Teen Fiction! If you could let me know in the comment section which one you think is best, that would be really helpful for me! I don't want my story to be in the wrong genre, haha!

Thanks so much guys!! Please vote and comment and follow if you're enjoying the story!!

Love, 

Luckycharms!!!!! <3

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS IN THE PREVIOUS TWO CHAPTERS!!!! They made me SO HAPPY!!! I was so happy to hear what you had to say and reading them was so much fun!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! <3

 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS IN THE PREVIOUS TWO CHAPTERS!!!! They made me SO HAPPY!!! I was so happy to hear what you had to say and reading them was so much fun!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! <3

------------------------

Despite the insanity of all that was going on... I had to run and conduct the afternoon prayers at the temple. Though May was confused and scared, I had no choice but to force her to stay alone in my bedroom until I returned.

And in order to prevent any further confusion or fear, I asked that no one spoke to her. Besides, it wasn't like they could understand each other anyways.

After the prayers, however, I rushed back to my room as fast as I could. Lord Hepu followed closely behind me, probably wanting to be there while May and I made sense of what was going on.

When I made it to my room, I saw that May was fiddling with my chest of jewelry, though I had strictly told her not to touch anything.

I didn't really care so much about her getting her hands on my things... the problem was that my shelves had many secret documents on them. If someone walked in while she was looking at those, that wouldn't help my cause to make her look less suspicious than she already was.

"I told you not to touch anything," I said to her in her own language.

She looked surprised when she saw me, but went straight to yelling at me. "Why would you leave me here alone! Where were you all this time?"

"I had to leave, May," I said. "The prayers are mandatory."

"Pray–" she cut herself off as she rushed towards me. "Never mind that... what am I doing here? How can I be here? This is Ancient Egypt."