Chapter 19 - [The Photograph and the Pharaoh]

HEY EVERYONE! THIS IS IMPORTANT***

Some of you may have noticed that the title of this chapter is different from all the others and that is because this is a different kind of chapter! =D

Any chapter titled "Beauty and the ______" is told in May's perspective. 

And any chapter titled "______ and the Pharaoh" is told in Atem's perspective!

So as you have now figured out, this chapter is told in Atem's perspective! 

I hope you enjoy it! I will normally be uploading on Friday or Saturday now but this early upload is an apology for the late one last time! HEHE! But no worries, there will still be an upload on Friday! So you get two uploads in a week! YAYYYY!

Please let me know what you think by COMMENTING! And please also continue to VOTE! =D Also, if you haven't already but like my stories, please FOLLOW me too! I would greatly appreciate the support!

Thank you as always and I hope you enjoy being in Atem's head,

Luckycharms <3

P.S. I have put up the prologue of a new story called THE HAPPINESS COORDINATOR! If you haven't already, please check it out and let me know what you think! It would mean a lot to me! =D

 I have put up the prologue of a new story called THE HAPPINESS COORDINATOR! If you haven't already, please check it out and let me know what you think! It would mean a lot to me! =D

------

The thing I hated the most about this world was how quiet the early mornings were and how noisy the late nights were. Nights were meant to be silent. It was when sun god Ra would pass on into the underworld and we were supposed to sleep. It was not when everyone was supposed to allow drunken men to run around or to play thumping music or sound the sirens. And mornings were meant to be filled with life as it was when Ra would be reborn into the sky. But instead, here mornings were dead. Dead and silent and gloomy.

It was a habit of mine to wake up very early since in Egypt, I had many chores that needed to be done before the day really started.

One of the many chores was praying.

Of course, there were no temples here and no means of providing any sort of offerings to the gods, so I often simply sat in my bed once I had awoken, closed my eyes and paid my respects.

I assumed the gods were satisfied with this, since nothing particularly horrible had happened to me since the curse.

Other than the cold weather.

God, did I hate the cold weather.

After praying, I would wash myself up in the awkward contraption that I had become used to calling the shower and use the even more awkward contraption that I had become used to calling the toilet.