Chapter 32 - [Beauty and the Old Lady]

Hello again!!

YAY FOR TWO UPLOADS IN A DAY!!! And here's more good news!! I will have yet ANOTHER upload within the next couple days!!! =D!!

He he!! See you soon! And enjoy the upload!!

Happy holidays again!!

Love,

Luckycharms! <3

---

Of course, Atem had no idea what a road trip was. The plan was super sudden, and I had no intention of going anywhere far.

After all, Atem didn't have a passport, obviously.

There was a huge city two cities to the right of ours that apparently had glorious parks, great things to do, and this massive, awesome museum. So I thought going there would be a fantastic idea.

I asked Ro if she wanted to come with us, since the more the merrier. Unfortunately, she was going to be busy with her mom for the next couple days. And Alec wasn't able to get days off from work.

So it was just Atem and I.

And Neferkiti.

I didn't want to leave her behind all alone, and I was pretty sure Atem wouldn't want that as well.

It was only a three or four day trip. I had booked us a cheap, average hotel which allowed pets since I couldn't afford anything fancy.

As we pulled out of my apartment's parking garage, Atem kept asking me why we were doing this.

"I dunno," I answered. "It's summer and I just want to do something different."

I had never gone on a trip on my own before. Well, I wasn't exactly on my own but you know what I meant.

The last trip I went on was with my parents a couple years ago. And that was out of the country.

I used my GPS to guide us, though Atem found the voice of the woman to be super annoying. I couldn't do anything about that though. I wasn't particularly direction smart. And reading a map was definitely not my forte.

We drove and drove and drove and drove and took a break at a café, but then drove and drove some more.

It wasn't so bad.

Atem really seemed to like it when we drove far. He liked looking out the window and staring at the scenery and asking questions.

Neferkiti wasn't too fond of the long trip. However, she was a good sport and slept for most of the trip.