Chapter 22 - [Beauty and the Birthday Kiss]

HEY GUYS!! 

I really hope you enjoy this chapter (I think you will ;D)! And don't forget to let me know what you think!

Also, just a reminder that if you want, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK A QUESTION TO ATEM OR MAY!! =D I will have the answers in the next upload!

They can be as silly as: What's your favourite food? To as detailed as: What was the nicest thing your dad ever did for you when you were a kid?

It's just for fun! haha!

THANKS AND ENJOY! <3

-Luckycharms <3

---------------------------------------------

I had two weeks to plan this party... but obviously I waited till the last three days.

Thankfully, I had already called the guests and told them to keep March the ninth free. It was on a Saturday, so everyone was most definitely free.

Making the King Tut cake and going to school was the hardest part. I lied to Atem, saying that I had to work on a project and instead went to Grandma Seetha's cake shop in the evenings after he was done his shift to work on the cake.

Grandma Seetha gave me some tips on how to shape the cake, since carving it to be the right shape was super, super hard.

But I kept telling myself that if the Ancient Egyptians were able to mold that thing out of molten gold... I could do it with cake.

And it worked out.

Though I did get some help, I pretty much did it all by myself.

Fondant was so much fun to work with... but I had never used or made gold fondant before.

And when I was working on the gold part, Grandma Seetha was fast asleep so I had to experiment for a long time. Finally, thanks to the help of the internet, I decided to paint yellow fondant with gold paint I made by mixing a special edible dust with some alcohol.

It turned out fantastic. The blue was easy, which I also painted with some blue dust and alcohol.

The tough parts were the details. I was a perfectionist when it came to my cakes... and a King Tut mask was way too perfect already. There was no way I could allow myself to mess this up.

The eyes, the beard, the collar, the cobra and the falcon (who I knew now were Nekhbet and Wadjet). It took me hours.

Hours and hours and hours and seriously, waiting for the last three days to do it was a bad idea.