Chapter 52 - [Beauty and All That Was His]

Aunty Maya was famous. She was all over the news for her discovery, though they hadn't gone into much detail aside from the fact that, like Doctor Devarajah had suspected, the tomb had remained completely untouched.

I tried to stay away from the news channels and all those sort of things. I knew that actually hearing about what was going on might potential help me move on... I just couldn't do it.

I would find another way to move on properly.

But while she was making the discovery of a lifetime, I still had to deal with my mundane life.

The day after she opened to tomb, I spent a full day at work. I stayed in a little late to do some extra photocopying and then drove home. I was a little happy today... Aubrey had come to tell me that my advice had worked. Her boyfriend had agreed with what she said and things had worked perfectly fine for her.

That made me very happy. I wanted my students to be happy, after all.

When I got home, Neferkitti greeted me with more enthusiasm than usual. "Hey pretty lady," I grinned at her.

She meowed and meowed and rubbed against me, practically pushing me.

I chuckled, just thinking that she was more excited than usual but went on with my business. After filling her cat bowl, I went straight to the bathroom to take a nice, warm shower.

My uncle, Kiya and I were hanging out today... I'm assuming it was because he wanted to talk about all the crazy things I had told my aunty and Ro. But I wasn't too worried. I was just glad that I got some time to hang out with him. I missed him a lot, especially since I barely saw him these days.

After taking a shower, I walked out, dried my hair and my body and got into a comfortable dress. Once I was ready, I gave Uncle Ethan a call and headed and made my way to the door.

Neferkitti chased after me. She started to push her head against my legs again and meow.

"What is it, hun?" I asked, confused.

She refused to let me go.

She ran around my legs, almost tripping me.

"C'mon, Neferkitti, I'm going to be late!" I continued walking past her and once I opened the door, she dashed out as fast as she could.

I gasped, "Neferkitti!"

She ran all the way to the doors of the stairwell, scraping her claws against it.

I hesitated, but then locked the door of my apartment and followed her. "Do you want me to follow you?" I asked.

She meowed, continue to scratch the door.

When I opened it, she rushed into the stairwell and started to run up the stairs.

I followed behind her, and every time she was too far away, she waited for me to catch up.

We climbed and climbed until I felt exhausted. "Jeez Neferkitti, couldn't we have taken the elevator?"

Neferkitti ignored me and continued on her merry way.

I sighed, but followed her.

After what felt like forever and a heart attack, I was practically wheezing when we finally reached the very top floor.

Neferkitti sat at the door, scraping against it as she waited for me.

We were at the top floor. The top five floors of this building were filled with storage rooms. It was kind of like a garage. A small garage that tenants used to store extra stuff. Mine was at the very last floor and I used this storage room to store my Christmas Tree but that was about it.