Chapter 27 - [Beauty and the Feeling in His Heart]

Hello my friends!!

Here is a nice long chapter for you guys to enjoy!! (I think you guys will like this chapter ;) hehe!!) I was going to split it into two chapters... But I thought MYEH, why make you guys wait! xD

Please don't forget to vote and comment and let me know what you all think! Also, don't forget to follow if you're enjoying the story =D!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!

Love, Luckycharms <3

---------------------------

It was a quiet ride home since for most of the ride, Atem was silently sleeping. However, as I exited the highway at the Oakville exit, Atem started to get all shifty.

I would glance over at him every minute or so and notice the uncomfortable expression on his face, and when we got to a stoplight, I reached over to try and wake him up.

But just as my hand touched his, his eyes snapped open and he let out a gasp, startling me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, quickly.

He looked around, a little disoriented. But when he snapped back into his senses, he leaned back in his seat and put his arm over his eyes. "Yes."

The light turned green.

I kept driving and despite him saying he was okay, I was still looking at him constantly, wondering what was wrong with him.

He was acting really weird for the past few days and I was really starting to worry now. He seemed really out of it and I don't think I need to mention the fact that he looked exhausted all the time.

"Do you have alcohol?" He suddenly asked.

I looked at him, then back at the road. He's been living with me for almost a year now; you'd think he knew I didn't have any. But this was the first time he'd ever asked me for alcohol, so I was kind of taken aback. "Umm, no."

"Can we purchase some?"

"I can't buy alcohol," I said, "I'm eighteen. You have to be nineteen to buy and drink alcohol."

"I will buy it. Just take me to the store and give me the money. I didn't bring any."

He sounded serious. So I turned left at the next intersection and drove to the nearest liquor store.

When we got there, I parked the car and waited for Atem to straighten up his seat. "Come on," he said when he saw that I wasn't moving.

"I'm not even allowed to go in." At least, that's what I thought.