chapter 3

"god damn it, larry! i can't believe you made me 8 dollars short all because you wanted some fucking beer. if y/n hadn't stepped in that shit would've been so embarrassing!" ash wasn't happy about the past hour.

larry told ash to go to a liquor store so he could buy some beer. ash had to lend him a few dollars so he could fully pay for it. surprisingly, the cashier doesn't card him because he's friends with larry's dealer. and to my shock, was todd's dad. larry then laughed hysterically at me because of 'the look on my face.' but hey, in my defense, it's not every day that the person you buy weed from happens to be your best friend's dad. apparently todd isn't very on board with his dad's little business.

anyway, ash had to help larry pay for the beer, which made her a bit short on money when buying all of the snacks at safeway. luckily, i brought some extra in my pocket.

"chill out, man, it's been sorted out. don't act like you wouldn't complain if i hadn't gotten it." larry rolled his eyes at ash.

"whatever."

the rest of the car ride had been pretty uneventful. when we had gotten back, we made our way down to the basement and started to set everything up in larry's room. lisa didn't mind that we were staying over, as long as we weren't too loud since she was trying to get some sleep. ash got out the blankets and pillows and set them up on the floor and bean bag.

"alright, i brought a whole bunch of movies for us to watch." ash pulled out a tote bag with different dvd's.

"how much shit did you bring?" larry furrowed his eyebrows.

"she had 2 bags of stuff in the car, man." sal looked at him.

"you might've known that if you had actually helped!" ash stuck her tongue out at larry, to which he rolled his eyes and popped open a bottle of beer.

"what movies did you bring?" i walked up next to ash and look down at the bag.

"mostly horror movies. some sad ones too, but i brought 'barbie in the twelve dancing princesses.' y'know, lighten the mood." she looked over at me and giggled.

"heh, yeah." i watched ash as she flipped through the different dvd's. then finally, she pulled one out and turned to me.

"you ever watched midsommar?"

"i've heard of it. is it scary?"

"eh, i don't know if i would say scary, but it's kind of freaky. it's about this cult, but that's all i will say. i don't wanna give spoilers."

sal walked over with a bag of candy in his hand. "that movie is weird. cults freak me out."

"it's good, though. we should watch it." todd joined the conversation with larry at his side.

"oh shit, midsommar? that movie is fucked up, you're in for a ride if you like that kind of stuff, y/n." larry takes a sip of his beer.

"hell yes, we are watching midsommar." i smile.

"oooh, i haven't watched this movie in a hot second. let's do this." ash grabs a beer and begins walking towards the living room. bending down in front of the dvd player, she slides the disc into the slot. todd and larry settle on the couch with a blanket, while ash drags out the bean bag from larry's room. sal and i sat in front of the couch with a few blankets and pillows.

for the first part of the movie, it wasn't too bad. besides dani's parents and sister dying in a murder-suicide. when the scene shifted to christian and his friends at the restaurant, ash scoffed.

"god, this guy sucked. his friends too!" she took a swig of her drink after finishing her sentence.

"for sure." sal ate his candy before looking over at me and holding out the bag. "want some?"