chapter 9

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"you're fucking kidding.." i groaned, turning off my alarm for the 3rd time.

first day of school was finally here. before i even finished rubbing my eyes and adjusting to the sunlight shining through my window, my mom swung open the door, ready to leave for work.

"oh, good. you're up."

"unfortunately." i threw myself back on the bed.

"i was beginning to worry after your third alarm. there's some cereal in the pantry. i have a meeting soon, so i won't be here when you leave. don't do anything dumb today, and don't be late." she called out the last sentence to me, as she had already left while speaking.

i sighed and began to mindlessly crack my fingers.

after driving back from the 'abandoned bridge of wonders,' (ash's name for it) everyone went back to larry's for a bit to watch movies. but after about an hour and a half, everyone began leaving due to the string of texts from angry parents that wanted them back home.

after showering, i washed and moisturized my face and stood in front of my open closet, pondering my first day outfit.

(pic created by me)

this is good.

i didn't want to be too extra, but also i would've rather died than be boring.

i did my usual eye makeup, and applied some red glossier lipgloss. i decided to leave my hair down, it actually dried pretty decent after my shower.

ash told everyone that she would be in the parking lot to pick us up at 7:45, since school started at 8:15.

i looked down at my phone and checked the current time. 7 on the dot.

poking my head out the door, i called out from my room.

"mom?"

...

smirking, i opened my window, got out my rolling paper and weed, and proceeded to roll 2; one for now, and one for after school. i pulled out my lighter from my pocket and sparked up the joint.

i was careful to blow the smoke and tap the ash out the window. the sky had some hues of orange and yellow from the previous sunrise, and the air was warm. i love peaceful moments like these. just me, my weed, and the sound of birds chirping outside.

after getting to a decent high, i got up, drenched myself in perfume, and grabbed my black jansport backpack. i had decorated it with pins of my favorite bands and a silver star keychain. ash should be parked in the lot right about now.

plugging in my earbuds, i made my way down to the first floor and outside. i recognized ash's jeep immediately. todd and her seemed to be in an intense conversation, but it was quickly dropped once todd had looked over at me.