chapter 18

as the weeks went by, the air got cooler and the leaves began to fall.

thank god. fall was my favorite time of year. i had also been frequently going to band practices with tidal wave, as well balancing all the other shit out. life felt pretty comfortable at the moment.

DING

i rolled over in my bed to grab my phone. it was a text from ash

"how early does this girl get up on a saturday..?" i groggily said to myself.

> heyyy u free today??? im so bored

i looked at the time, which read 11:34. shit. it wasn't so early after all. i texted her back and invited her over to my place. we agreed to meet at 12:30.

anyways, i got up and decided to get ready.

i did my makeup and left to get something to eat

i did my makeup and left to get something to eat. mom was in the kitchen making eggs.

"morning." i said while passing her to go to the fridge.

"y/n, it's noon." she snickered.

"whatever, at least i didn't die in my sleep." i rolled my eyes. "ash is coming over today. hope you don't mind."

"on my fucking day off.." she muttered quietly.

"what was that?"

"oh, nothing. don't make too much noise." she brought her plate of food over to the couch and turned on the tv.

i drank a small juice box while waiting for ash. when she finally knocked on the door, i got up quickly and opened it for her.

she greeted me with a warm smile. "hey y/n!"

"hey. glad you could come." i smiled back and let her inside.

"i have something to show you." she said to me quietly. she looked excited.

"should i be scared?"

"no! i mean.. if you're afraid of needles, maybe." we shared a mischievous look and began to walk over to my room. "hey ms l/n." ash was sure to say hi to mom while passing the living room.

"hey hon." she gave ash a small wave.

i shut my bedroom door and we both flopped onto my bed. "alright, so what's the big surprise?"

ash smirked before sticking her tongue out to reveal a new piercing. "cool as shit, right?"

my eyes widened. "damn, didn't expect that, but i'm not surprised. it looks good, where'd you get it done?"

"ahah... i did it myself!"

"what the hell? i wouldn't have noticed."

"well, kind of. my cousin did it for me a few days ago. i've been wanting one since forever. you should've seen it! my tongue was swollen as shit, i could barely talk!"