chapter 15

"oh shit. i gotta go, ash. i'm meeting with that guy i was telling you about soon."

"oooh, the one that invited you to join his band??"

"ha, i guess." i gave her hug and got up from the bed. "thanks for hanging out with me."

"of course, any time." she smiled. "wait, do you need a ride?"

"nah, it's fine. the address he sent me is only 15 minutes away."

ash got up from the bed. "hell no. i'll give you a ride. and besides, we can hang out longer." she grinned and grabbed her keys.

once we had gotten in the car and started driving, it began to rain lightly. ash furrowed her brows and looked out the window.

"what the hell? rain in the beginning of september?"

i shrugged. "i dunno. i guess fall is coming soon."

she turned back to me excitedly. "ooh, that means halloween is coming soon! oh shit, i haven't even thought about what i'm gonna be."

"damn, you're right. i think i was an angel last year. i matched with my... friend." the accidental thought of cassidy sort of pissed me off.

ash and i continued to talk about our future halloween costumes until we arrived at what looked like a church. the sign at the front gate said 'nockfell church of god and musical hall.'

makes sense.

"thanks for the ride, ash. i'll see you.. tomorrow, probably?"

she smiled. "yeah, if my mom lets me out of this family dinner thing. bye y/n, love you!" ash called out the window as she began to pull out of the lot.

i waved to her car, and turned to face the church. the guy.. alex? ..didn't really give clear directions. i decided to just walk up to the door and see if it was unlocked.

thankfully, the door opened once i pushed the metal bar.

i was greeted by an empty lobby, connected to a long hallway that lead all the way down to the church's nave. there were multiple doors leading to other rooms, but the one that caught my eye were the double doors near the lobby. above the doors was a sign that said 'music hall.' that should be it.

i looked through the glass cutout on the door and saw a group of people setting up their instruments on a stage. alex was one of them.

i took a breath and opened the door. everyone's heads looked up at me. alex smiled and jumped down from the stage.

"aaand here she is now! how have you been, y/n? we were just talking about you. all good, i promise." he walked up to me and shook my hand. "here, i'll introduce you to tidal wave."

opening the door to backstage, we walked onto the actual stage and up to the 3 other band members.

"i'll let you introduce yourself." he whispered, then turned his attention to the others. "but anyways, this is the little guitar prodigy i was talking about."

my face warmed. i've never been so praised just for my guitar skills. "hi, i'm y/n l/n. me and him met at the music store." i smiled at them.

"we know who you are." a lady that looked to be in her late 30s smirked. she had a wolf cut that was dyed dark red, and dressed in a plain black tank top with low rise jeans. i assumed she was the drummer, from the drumsticks in her right hand.

"aha.." alex gave her a look and patted my back. "don't be too scared of jovi, here. she's just a bit rough around the edges. she'll warm up to you."

"right. jovi hampshire." she nodded her head towards me as a greeting.