chapter 4

"oww, my head is pounding." ash rubbed her eyes.

"ugh, same." larry complained in agreement.

i was the last to wake up. ash and larry were hungover, todd was trying to get them to drink water, and sal was looking at his phone.

"morning y/n." todd looked over at me.

"hi." the alcohol made me a little disoriented, but i wasn't feeling too bad.

"hah, cool outfit y/n." larry said lazily.

i then remembered how i borrowed his clothes last night. "sorry, i hope you don't mind." i rubbed my eyes, looking at the residue of mascara on my finger.

"you're all good, i don't really care. you can keep it if you want, that was getting kind of small anyways."

"oh, thanks."

ash, who was smashing her face into a pillow spoke up with her voice muffled. "welcome to the club, y/n! i think 35 percent of my closet is larry's shirts." i chuckle and grab my phone out of the pocket of my jeans folded beside me and flip it open. 3 missed calls from mom and 5 unopened texts. oh shit. it had occurred to me that even though i told her that i was hanging out with some friends, i didn't specify where i was going or the fact that i was sleeping over.

i quickly texted her an apology and an explanation, deciding to worry about all that when i got back to my room.

ash chugs a bottle of water and turns to larry. "where's lisa?"

"probably doing maintenance somewhere. she mentioned somethin' about it yesterday."

sal looks up from his phone and chimes in. "damn, i kind of hoped she'd make breakfast. i'm starving."

"get some cereal, stupid." larry rolled his eyes.

todd, larry, and sal continued to talk amongst themselves. for the short time i had known everyone, i was having a pretty decent time. they all had different personalities but somehow, they mix together pretty well. i sat up against the back of larry's bed and suddenly, ash plops down next to me, breaking my train of thought.

"ugggh, i feel so shitty right now. probably should've laid off that beer, huh?" she smiles tiredly.

"i think you'll survive."  i raised my eyebrows and laughed.

"i can't fucking believe school's starting next week."

i groaned in agreement. "is the school shitty?"

"mmm, pretty much. and boring. and there's a few assholes. buuuuut, you'll have us to keep you company!"

"ha, yeah."

"sooo, where you from, y/n? what was life like before?"

"moved here with my mom from new york. my school was sort of the same. i wouldn't say it was completely boring, but there was a lot of assholes. also i was in a small band."

"damn, i can't believe you would move to this shithole! that sounds cool as hell."

"yeah, but my parents wanted to move back to their home town. i guess my mom just got sick of the city."

"that makes sense. y'know, i kind of want to move there one day. maybe pursue art or some shit like that."

"you seem like the type of person to be good at art."

ash turned to me dramatically and laughed. "and what is that supposed to mean?"

"hey hey, it's not a bad thing. it's just your vibe, or whatever. it's cool."