3. Thank You

Art by @sickkicksman on Twitter

Dream POV

"Sapnap!" I barge into his room at the crack of dawn the next morning. He awakes with a start and groans, rubbing his eyes as he spots me in the doorway.

"Dream?" he mumbles out, still half asleep. He finishes rubbing his eyes and blinks a few times before seeing the pouch of gold coins overflowing onto his bed. "Holy shit!"

I watch with a smile as he pours the precious coins onto his bed and begins to count them.

"Dream where did you get these? Did you—"

"Nope, sadly no treasure," I sigh. "But tonight I'll go back for it. These, let's just say I had some help."

"Dude," Sapnap finishes counting and jumps up, giving me a big hug. "You're amazing."

I smile and hug him back.

"I know."

I count out 20 golds coins for the rent and place an additional 20 in my pocket for the time being.

"Dream where did you get these?" Sapnap stands at the front door, waiting for the landlord to come, the coins bouncing around in his hand.

"Hmmm," I walk forward and flick him on the forehead. "I have my ways."

"You're such an idiot," he scoffs playfully but his eyes are shining with happiness. "We'll have rent for a few months at least with these."

"Much more," I slip my white mask into my cloak and pull the hood over my head as I stride through the cornfields and toward the market. "Soon we'll have the treasure back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See anything you like sir?" I pause and look up at the old merchant who gestures to his array of necklaces and other jewelry.

I smile politely and shake my head.

"Still looking."

"Perhaps I should tell you more about these necklaces," he gestures again to a smaller group of necklaces. These are made of a group of wires twisted together to form the chain and ending in a knot around the pendents which are all different colored stones.

I notice that these don't have the same polished look as the other jewelry and the stones seem rough, less sparkly, and more natural.

It also seems to be his less popular selection as no one seems to have bought them yet.

"I handpicked the stones from the river. Many don't like them as they're not as flashy as the others," the old man says. He flashes me a neatly toothless grin. "I twisted the wires together to hold the stone and made it into a necklace."

I study the necklaces carefully and notice that one of the stones is a deep blue color, similar to what I saw on Y/N. It hangs from a collection of silver and gray wires, all in different shades.

Would she like this?

She's a Princess, she probably has all the jewelry she could ever want.

Still, I think I should give her something to show my thanks.

My eyes dart to the other section of more flashy jewelry. One of them catches my eye, a large blue jewel on a silver cabin.