15. Wedding Crashers

Art by @mothtab1 on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Why Dream, don't you look, deadly?" Sapnap jokes as Dream doesn't turn around, still bent over the map on his desk. "Come on, the wedding starts in a few hours."

"I just," Dream tugs at his hair as his eyes scan over the hand drawn plans for the thousandth time. "What if this doesn't work?"

"Uh buddy? Great time to doubt yourself, now," Sapnap laughs, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Come on, George should be in position right now, probably waiting for us."

Dream finally stands up with a sigh. His white mask lies on the desk and he snatches it, sliding his fingers across the smooth surface.

One chance.

This is all I have to help her.

With the mask fastened around his head, Dream pulls the hood over his face and nods to Sapnap. His friend pulls his own black cloak cover his head and gives him an evil grin.

The two sprints through the fields, perfectly covered by the tall, yellow crops.

Dream's hand closes tightly around a knife which he keeps drawn just in case.

This time, the assassination was different.

It wasn't for him, it was for Y/N.

The two make it to the town and skid to a halt, the dust flying around them for a few seconds.

"Where is everyone?" Dream turns in a circle and observed the deserted village. The market's stalls are empty, the hustle and bustle of the daily life hanging in the air like a phantom spirit of the past.

Sapnap smiles and jerks his thumb toward the castle. The two slow to a walk as they slowly approach the building.

"Oh god," Dream presses a gloved hand to his mask, attempting to stifle his gasp of awe.

What seems like the entire kingdom is crowded around the stage from earlier. On the stage stands a row of guards wearing gleaming armor.

The crowd yells, screams, and pushes their way toward, trying to catch a glimpse of the stage.

Dream takes a step toward but Sapnap grabs into his arm, holding firm. At their feet is a suspiciously straight line of straw and dead grass. It stretches all the way past the houses ik both directions of the street.

"Come on," Sapnap tugs on his arm and drags him toward the familiar forest.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," Dream mutters. The two of them pause under the cover of the dark leaves to survey the noisy crowd. "Although, this might be a good distraction."

Sapnap smiles as he crawls under a bush, letting the brambles nick him here and there.

"I'll wait for you signal," he says, his voice hushed. "Good luck."

"You too," Dream mutters. "George should be done with his part of the plan right now."

He lets out a deep breath and holds a knife in each hand. The silver glints in the faint rays of sunlight which break through the leaves.

"Hey."

Sapnap's hand shoots out of the bottom of the bush and grabs Dream's ankle. He peers out from under the leaves and smiles up at the assassin.

"Do what you do best. And don't get caught."

Dream chuckles and he teaches down to pat his friend's arm.