7. Ballroom Dancing

Art by @araostar on Twitter

Long chapter time!

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Punz come on!" Dream yells.

"Be patient would you?" Punz's voice calls from upstairs. "The ball doesn't start for another two hours!"

Dream grumbles to himself as he adjusts his white poet shirt, the long, silky, and flowy sleeves brush against his bare arms. He wears a green vest over it with gold embroidery and gold buttons. His pants are black with silver threads which make the fabric shimmer in the light. His black boots have been shined so much that he can see his reflection in them. A dark green cloak covers his shoulders with gold embroidery to match his vest. Unlike his assassin cloak, this one is much heavier with no hood.

All the clothing was courtesy of Punz of course.

Dream grumbles as he adjusts the gold necklace around his neck. This one has a heavy gold chain with a gold medallion on it. The seal of the kingdom is etched into the metal.

"Alright, I'm here Mr. Antsy," Punz grumbles as he finally comes down the stairs.

He's dressed in the same white shirt as Dream but with a black vest with gold embroidery instead. His pants and boots are also the same black color.

He wears a bright white cape with a gold P written on the back with gold thread and other detailing around the edges.

He touches his gold medallion necklace which has a large P in the center as well. Gold rings glitter on his fingers and he smiles at Dream.

"So rich for no reason," Dream mutters.

"Careful what you say to your supplier," Punz chuckles as he pushes open the door, making sure to grab the invitation on the way out.

Punz was a metalsmith for the king, making all the armor and weapons his knights needed. And of course, he was paid handsomely.

But Punz had his fair share of people he didn't like. And while his fighting skills were impeccable, getting caught could risk him losing his job.

Until the day he ran into the Mask. It was late at night and he woke up to the sound of metal crashing to the floor.

Dream had been looking to replace his supply of weapons when Punz offered him a deal.

He glares at the blond who he'd killed people for, remembering the money squabble they always had about not being paid enough.

Despite the two having a business relationship, they'd actually developed a sort of friendship, otherwise, why would Punz be taking him to the party?

"You brought your mask right?" Punz asks. He holds up a white mask with gold decorations. Dream nods and holds up an identical one except in green.

"I can't believe you had so many of these in literally every color," Dream mutters.

They walk through the quiet marketplace. It's dusk and the vendors are packing up their goods and closing their shops for the day.

"What else am I supposed to do with my money?" Punz asks. He smiles as Dream scowls at him.

"I am so tempted to kill and rob you one day," he growls.

The man beside him laughs and pats him on the shoulder.

"Sure you would."

The two reach the castle gates, a place Dream was all too familiar with. The guards in front stand at attention at the two approaching and Dream forces his heart to stay steady.