14. White and Wills

Art by @BL0SS0M_s on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Dream I don't want to!" Y/N buries her face in his chest and cries. Her chest heaves with heavy sobs as Dream hands her a third handkerchief, leaving the second on the table to dry along with the first. "I can't marry Schlatt!"

"I know my love," he whispers softly, rubbing her back gently. "Trust me, I don't want this either."

"He's awful Dream, he wants to be there when I'm getting my dress fitted! I—" She chokes back another sob and grabs onto his shoulders tightly. "You have to help me."

Dream frowns as he places the second hand against her cheek and brushes away a few tears.

"I'm working on something sweetheart. I'll stop your wedding, no matter what."

His eyes glitter dangerously as he stares into her desperate ones.

Even if I have to burn it to the ground.

Y/N nods and presses herself against him once again. Her breathing slowly evens out as Dream continues to draw circles on her back.

"Hey," Punz'a head pokes through the door and his face softens at the sight of Y/N in Dream's arms. "How's she doing?"

Dream gestures toward the two handkerchiefs on the table and looks down at the Princess.

"Yeahhhh I figured."

Punz closes the door quietly behind him and walks over to the couple.

"Well I hate to be that bearer of bad news but Y/N is needed in the throne room for her dress fitting."

"Wait what?!" Y/N shouts up and rubs her eyes with the back of her hand. "It's supposed to be at noon!"

"Uh yeah," Punz looks down and fiddles with his hands. "About that."

Dream throws him a warning glare and Punz nervously tugs at his blond hair.

"Schlatt requested you meet him there early."

"No." Y/N grabs onto Dream's shoulders and cuddles against him again. "I'm not coming down until noon."

"Y/N he was the one sent me!" Punz bursts out. "And he quite literally said, 'I need her down here now. Drag her downstairs if she doesn't come willingly.'"

Y/N shivers at the thought and presses herself impossibly closer to the assassin. Dream wraps his arms protectively over her and glowers at Punz.

"Hey I would never do that," Punz whispers softly. He rests one hand on Y/N's shoulder but Dream jerks her away. "Just please come downstairs. Your maids and dressmaker are there so you won't be alone," he hesitates before adding. "Schlatt just wants to watch."

Y/N hiccups another sob but slowly slides to the ground.

"Please Dream," she whispers as Punz leads her to the door, his heart breaking with each of her words. "Please find a way."

Dream nods, he opens his mouth to reply but no sound comes out.

"I promise," he manages to croak out as Punz shuts the door behind them.