Epilogue

Art by @snuglar on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

1 Year Later

"Sapnap!" Y/N yells. She swipes at him with her dish towel but it doesn't stop him from grabbing one of her freshly baked pastries and running off with it.

"Hah too slow!" he laughs, wolfing the sweet treat down in one bite.

"Oh, you're going to regret that!" Y/N lunges at him. He gasps as she slams into his chest. The two of them fall onto the grass on a heap, wrestling and pushing each other.

"Owww!" Sapnap complains as she jabs her elbow painfully into his ribs. "That hurt!"

"Serves you right for stealing before they were even done cooling."

Y/N stands up and brushes off her white apron before returning to the cozy cottage, the tray of baked goods still resting on the window sill.

"Wha—" she stops and stares at the tray. There were originally 11 little tarts, 12 if you count the one Sapnap stole. But now there are only nine.

"Mmmmm, scrumptious," Dream chuckles, sliding down from the roof of the house. He licks his lips before inhaling the second pastry in one bite.

"You jerk!" Y/N scolds as he lands in front of her. "I spent all morning baking those!"

"But I just couldn't resist my Princess' baking!" Dream laughs as she begins to hit his chest. He easily grabs both her wrists and casually pins them against the house behind them. "Ah ah ah, be nice."

Y/N pouts as he moves closer.

"Awwww don't be salty," Dream smirks as he moves closer. He licks a few more crumbs off his lips and bends down to Y/N's level, his eyes flicking between her eyes and her lips.

"Come on," he lets go of her wrists and flicks her lip with his finger. "We still have 9 pastries left."

Y/N huffs as she follows him, scowling as he snags yet another pastry from the tray.

"Sapnap!" Dream waves his hand to get Sapnap's attention. His friend turns around and smiles before gesturing behind him with a mischievous grin.

George climbs out of the lake, soaking wet, and sputtering water.

"Oh, Sapnap you didn't!" Y/N scolds as he just shrugs and smiles. "Dream—"

Sapnap's smile fades quickly as he spots Dream running at him from the side. Dream slams into his chest, knocking him backward into the water.

Sapnap lets out a yelp as he flails his arms, trying to fight himself. But untimely, he lands with a splash in the river.

He resurfaced seconds later, spraying water from his nose. George points at him, cackling with laughter.

Sapnap glares at him before lunging forward, dunking George underwater.

Y/N laughs as she leans her head against Dream's chest. He wraps his arms around her from behind and puts his chin on her forehead.

"I think I've interrupted something."

Dream turns with a smile to see Punz materializing from the bushes. He wears his usual white poet shirt but with a royal red robe thrown over his shoulders.

His cream-colored pants suggest that was a commoner but his shiny back boots with gold embroidery tell otherwise.

As usual, his gold crown rests on his blond hair.

"Well hello Your Majesty," Dream lets go of Y/N and drops into a low bow.

Y/N rolls her eyes before following suit, lifting his skirt and lowering herself into a delicate curtsy.