𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Shuri had just changed into the traditional clothing that Namora gave her and Namora was now leading Shuri to where she was being invited.

They then reached their destination and Namora motioned her hand to go through a door into another room.

Shuri then walked in and saw Namor sitting on a chair , who was patiently waiting for her to arrive.

"Princess." Namor said beginning to stand "Welcome."

Shuri remained silent as he continued to speak.

"Please , feel free." He said motioning to the items that were on the desk he was sitting at.

Shuri slowly walked foward and looked around.She then noticed a bracelet , that was on a shell.

"This is beautiful." She told him.Namor walked to where it was and looked at it.

"That was my mother's." He said as he picked it up and held it for Shuri to hold it.Shuri then took a closer look at it and other items in the room.

"These are all Mesoamerican artifacts.Most likely 16th century.Have you been alive since then?" She asked , becoming curious.Namor nodded.

"Your mother was human." She continued.

"She was.Then she became something else." Namor stated.Shuri then looked puzzeled "How?" She asked.

"'How?''How is never as important as 'why'?" Namor told her.

"My mother and her village were driven from their farms by Spanish conquistadors who brought the smallpox , a hateful language , and dogma from another world." Namor started as Shuri listened carefully.

"Facing starvation , war and disease , my people turned to Chaac..." He said turning to a drawing as Shuri slowly walked closer ."Our god of rain and abundance." He said pointing to the drawing.

"Chaac gave our shaman a vision...a way to save his people.

"Chaac led him to a plant spouting from a blue rock."

"My mother was pregnant with me at the time , and she did not want to ingest the plant for fear of what it may do to me."He continued.

"But the Shaman was convincing...They all fell sick.And their lives , their existence there , ended."

"The plant took away there ability to breathe air but enabled them to draw oxygen from the sea.They settled in the ocean , away from war and diseases." He told Shuri as she continued to pay attention.