𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Shuri and Namor were sitting at a lake after they just finished the tour of Talokan.

"You are the first person from the surface to come to Talokan..." He then raised up his hand , revealing the same bracelet from earlier." Please take this as a token of our gratitude."

Shuri sent him a small smile before he placed it on her hand."It was made with the plant that saved Talokan."

Namor then looked at both Shuri's hands and saw what seemed like a wedding ring on her left hand and smiled.

"I see that you're married.That's a beautiful wedding ring." Namor told her as Shuri smiled warmly at the ring and looked back at him.

"Thank you." She said looking back at the lake.

"You are young , Princess.When you age as I do , you realize we all lose everyone we love." Namor said.

"But when I lost my brother , it just felt different , he suffered in silence.When he finally asked me to help him , I couldn't."Shuri spoke up.

"How does that make sense , that the ancestors would give me gifts and skills to help me save my brother , and I couldn't?Why?" She asked , her heart aching.

"I don't have an answer for that question." He said.

Shuri lookes down again.

"My ancestors would often say , 'Only the most broken people can be great leaders.'" He told her.

"I admire what you have built here and how you you've protected your people.But as Princess of Wakanda , I  will not stand for you killing that young woman." Shuri said to him as he looked away in disapointment.

"My nation will not rest until my husband and I have returned.We're not leaving without her.We need to find a peaceful way to resolve this." She continued.

"It is no longer about the scientist.For centuries , the surface nations have conquered and enslaved people like us."

Over resources.Since the day I buried my mother , I have prepared my people for the time that will come for us.And that machine is the sign that the time is now." He continued.'I need to know if Wakanda is an ally or an enemy.There is no in-between."

"So you plan to wage war on the entire world , and you want Wakanda to help you?" She asked him with furrowed eyebrows as he nodded.

"That's madness." She said.

"There isn't a nation that wouldn't plunder Wakanda if given a chance.If we make an alliance , we can protect each other by striking them first.Then , when the threat of these nations has been eliminated , the scientist will be returned to Wakanda." Namor told her.