Chapter 8

“The maid has a strong scent.”

That was what he said last time.

He looked at me strangely with hazy eyes, as if a beast was entranced by flowers.

“But when I smell that scent, it doesn’t hurt.”

“….”

“I don’t feel sick even though I haven’t taken the magic suppressor.”

Richard’s fingertips touched my forehead very lightly. And then he gently stroked my cheek.

“There is no pain. When I meet the maid.”

There was a strange heat in Richard’s gaze. Facing the madness hidden in his gleaming blue eyes, I reflexively slapped his hand away.

A strong instinct taught me. If his shackles had not been fastened. If I had met him outside of the Marquis Estate. I would have been caught by him, and under the sharp blade of a knife, every single piece of his curiosity would have been dissected.

It was an unpleasant sensation that made me shiver.

“Well, it’s good if you don’t get sick.”

Contrary to my complicated thoughts, my mouth only made a very simple sound.

“Is that so?”

“Yes. It’s best not to get sick.”

My body smells.

Only Richard could smell a scent that neither I, Emily, who was with me, nor the people around me could smell.

Is it a possession buff or is he lying to me?

It didn’t matter. Because I wouldn’t be seeing Richard after a week.

I watched him eat with my mouth shut. Sparing my words today.

The sight of his wounds healing little by little was beyond wonder and it felt as if he was not in the realm of human beings.

Eventually, I turned my head away.

But did Argen hit Richard like that in the original story?

No.

An essential condition for beauty was ‘the state of being intact and complete’.

Argen hated the fact that even if he only occasionally punished Richard, he would get scratches on his body.

‘Then what is that?’

Why did he get hurt?