Chapter 59

I thought of hiding in the basement, where Richard was, in order to avoid being discovered by mistake, but there was no need for that.

This is because Argen granted me permission to visit the herb field, which is on the Marquis’ private property.

So I read through the herbal book and found the plants that would relieve Argen’s pain.

“Jemeryl Herbs…”

In the name of protection, the knights were watching me.

I looked at them and took the time to return to the Marquis late.

It was a difficult herb to find in the first place, so there was no time to waste.

“I found it.”

Only at night was I able to return after finding the herbs.

The banquet will still be in full swing. Let’s stay in there as quietly as possible.

Even though I thought so, my heart trembles when I enter the mansion.

The building where the banquet is held is different, so we don’t have to run into each other in this place, but—.

Is this what post-traumatic stress disorder is?

“Rosie!”

“Ahh, I can’t hear you. I can’t hear you.”

“Rosie…?”

Apparently, in this situation, when a nearby maid called me, I became anxious for nothing.

“Rosie! hey!”

“Tell me tomorrow. There’s nothing to say for today.”

“…Did you eat something wrong?”

The maid’s grim face looked as if she were seeing a crazy person. That’s too much.

“The head maid is calling. Come on.”

“…Head maid?”

“Yes. She told you to come to the garden.”

When the maid had finished speaking, she left as if she had finished her business.

Is there any reason for the head maid to be looking for me? I don’t think there’s anything in particular.

—Or is there an issue with the monitoring?

I don’t want to, but I have no choice but to go quickly.