Chapter 20

-Richard?

Is it because he ate the fruit and it went crazy like last time?

My thoughts at this time were, selfishly, not worrying about him, because I was not on duty for his meal.

If this had happened to me while I was on duty for his meal, it might have been difficult to get through.

"The monster is crazy! I, I can't do the meal duty! Please- please change it!"

When the maid cried, telling them to leave the mansion, everyone stopped working and approached her.

"Ella, what's going on?"

A maid approached her who's crying and asked a question, and Ella began to cling to her.

"I beg you! Please switch with me! Huh? Instead, I'll do everything for you-!"

"Ella, what are you talking about-! You're on duty for this meal!"

"-Hic, but, I can't do this anymore! It's so scary!"

Confused by the brazen remark, the maid tried to push Ella away, but Ella clinged to her recklessly.

What the hell actually happened?

I conveyed my words of comfort to Ella.

That's when I turned my attention to Ella and tried to continue what I was doing, when my eyes met her.

"You-! Rosie!"

Ella, who had been clinging to her even after the maid shook it off, suddenly let go of her skirt and came up to me.

It was so bizarre that I reflexively stepped back.

"Did you do the meal duty before I started?"

Ella grabbed my hand and looked at me desperately.

"Please! Exchange with me! You've been good all this time-!"

"Ella! What are you talking about! Rosie's already on duty! You know one person can't do it twice-"

"I heard you got an exclusive maid's recommendation from the butler!"

Other maids grabbed Ella by her shoulder to stop her, but Ella shook off the maids' arms roughly.

"Ack!"

Ella's long nails left a long scratch on the arm of another maid.

The injured maid resentfully saw Ella, but Ella was only looking at me desperately as if she was not interested in such things.

"Rosie, if it were you, they would let me change it. So please- hmm?"

"...."

"Why aren't you answering me! You didn't do the exclusive maid, so I replaced you! You're not even sorry for me!"

She tried to persuade me, but Ella was angry at me when I didn't show any signs of falling for it.

I thought about what to do with this awkward situation.

"It's because of you! This is because of you! Because of you-!"

"Stop it, Ella."

"What do you mean stop! This is because of you-!"

"What kind of nonsense is this!"

The butler, who was nearby, came over and shouted as if he had heard Ella's commotion.

"Butler-! I can't do the meal duty! Please switch me and Rosie."

"Ella."

"I'm scared to death! What's wrong with him-"