Chapter 18

"Since I'm not on duty in the bedroom- I didn't hear the message in advance. I apologize."

A look of dumbfounded flashed on his face at my shameless reply.

However, I pretended to know nothing and stuck to my innocent face.

"Don't you know what bedroom attendant means?"

"Clean the bedroom and serve as the Marquis's attendant or assistant- isn't it?"

I'm pure-. Pure-.

Like a spell, I kept repeating the words inside.

Argen was silent for a moment.

What's the problem?

"No, just leave now."

"...Is it okay if I'm not doing my duty as a bedroom attendant?"

"I don't want it anymore."

He doesn't seem to like me going to the bed sheet.

I understood what Argen meant, but I decided to pretend I didn't know and to think that way.

I nodded and said I understood.

"Then I'll leave now."

I shut the door and went out pretending I didn't see Argen with a dumbfounded face.

All I have to do now is feed Richard a meal and collect the potatoes he cut.

And tomorrow was the last day of meal duty.

*****

The gatekeeper has been imprisoned since that day. And escaped from prison a while ago.

He can't die like this.

He begged them for mercy with the connections he had built up over the years and succeeded in leaving the Marquis of Evantes safely.

Rosie didn't immediately reveal that he was a spy, but he didn't know when she would vomit.

He immediately sent a 'scorpion' to a designated place, and after a while, a reply came back telling him to come to a cottage in a remote place.

The cottage had an owner who sent him to Evantes. But he didn't know who they were.

He just needs to get the money.

There were two men in robes there.

One was sitting arrogantly with his legs crossed and his back against the chair, while the other stood next him and quietly greeted him.

He doesn't know who they are, but they must be high-ranking people.

As soon as the gatekeeper saw them, he immediately knelt down, thinking that his head might fly as he returned without results.

And he revealed all the facts without exception.

Among them, Rosie and Marie were also mentioned. It was to make an excuse that his work had gone wrong because of them.

"Rosie?"

However, the man who had been sitting in the chair all the time reacted in the wrong part.

"Yes, that's right. If it wasn't for that maid-"

"What does it look like?"

The gatekeeper was wondering. Why are you asking that?

"Master, maybe it's just a person with the same name."