CHAPTER 8: Less Uncomfortable

"You must be Miss Parker?"
Mr. Changhak said from the front seat while driving.
Michelle wondered how the driver knew her name
  "Yes I am but just call me Michelle and you are……."
  "Kim Changhak at your service"
Michelle got the impression that Mr. Changhak is a lively person, unlike his cranky boss.

    "You are a really funny person Michelle, My boss didn't do anything but you blasted him the first time you met, who would have thought you'd become his assistant"
     "I am truly sorry about that Mr. Changhak, I was just in a foul mood that day and it made me cranky"
       "Then we're similar in that way     because I also become cranky when I'm in a bad mood"
        "That is so me"
Michelle said with a smile remembering her typical way of handling stress
  "You have a beautiful smile, Michelle"
     "Thank you"
They both continued chatting about random things and laughed heartily every time they found something funny.

  **********************************

Hyunmin couldn't believe what he was seeing, Michelle and his driver were chatting happily like old friends while completely forgetting he was present. He wasn't that much of a talkative person but he couldn't help but feel left out so he decided to join the conversation.
  "Michelle, I want to ask why you decided to transfer here"
     Michelle and Mr. Changhak both became quiet. She was a bit taken aback by his question because she wasn't too comfortable with her boss yet.  She turned and looked at him after contemplating for a moment.

    " Sir, I didn't decide where to be transferred because it was a random pick by the management but it was much-needed relocation"
  Hyunmin noticed the sad look on her face but didn't want to pry into her private life so he didn't ask about it.
   They both continued talking for a while before Michelle suddenly popped a question

   "Sir, Do you have any siblings" 

Hyunmin's face became cold and he looked annoyed, Michelle could also feel Mr. Changhak getting tense.
     "Oh no! Did I say something wrong" She said to herself. After a short moment, she quickly blurted out
     "Sir please forget about it, I shouldn't have……"
    "I had a sibling but he died in a car accident"
    "I am sorry Sir"
    "It's alright, it happened Seven years ago"
    "He also has a sister, Miss Yujin"
   Mr. Changhak wanted to lighten the mood since things suddenly became tense
   "Ooh Really"
     "Yes and she is just two years younger than you"
   "Hmmm, but wait"
  She looked at Mr. Changhak with squinted eyes
    "How did you know my age, Mr. Changhak"
     "Uhh, I…… I….. just guessed"
  "Is that so, you looked very sure about it though"
     "Yes I guessed your age since you look very young and beautiful"
  He said with a wide smile.
Michelle turned her head and looked at her boss with suspicious eyes. He noticed she was staring at him and quickly looked out the window to avoid her gaze.
     "This is unbelievable, so these two have been talking about me and that's why My Changhak knows so much  even though we're meeting for the first time"
   She said to herself while silently observing the both of them.
A few minutes later they arrived in front of the building Michelle was living in
      "We are here"
She alighted from the car and started walking towards the entrance when she stopped in her tracks
     "Even though I'm getting home this late because of him I still have to thank him"
     She turned around and blurted out softly.
   "Thank you for the ride, Sir, It was nice talking to you and Mr. Changhak"
   "I hope we get a chance to chat a lot more in the future"
     "Of course Mr. Changhak, It would be my pleasure"
  She said with a wide smile revealing her white teeth and her dimples.
Mr. Changhak bid her goodbye and drove away while Michelle walked into the building.
    "Michelle has a very beautiful smile, even I got swooned by it"
    "I agree, she does have a beautiful smile"
    He had never seen her smile before, especially when around him but it was the most precious smile he had ever seen and it tugged at his heart in strange ways. ⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^