CHAPTER 19: Reminiscing

I walked into my office but took a quick view of the place before I went to my desk, I had really missed my office since I left one month ago and I was truly happy to be back.
I sat in my chair and started reminiscing everything that happened one month ago when I went to see Sayuri.
   I went to Sayuri that morning and I narrated everything that happened at Hyunmin's house, She listened to all my ranting so attentively while I also told her my final resolve on the matter.
   "I am so tired of being a coward that gets easily bullied by everyone, I'm so sick of being a pushover, I want to be tough and quick-witted sometimes but I just don't know how. I want to learn how to be confident and… and… elegant like you Sayuri"
I stuttered a bit cause I wasn't so sure anything I was saying made sense.
Sayuri stared bleakly at me for a moment before started laughing all of a sudden, she moved closer to me and placed her hand on mine.
   "Oh My lovely girl! You are so funny, Who said you have to be like me to be confident?"
  I stared at her in utter confusion cause I wasn't getting what she meant, I have always seen her as a very elegant and smart woman so my thought was to learn how to be like her.
She stopped laughing and started talking in a more serious tone, She brought her hand to my cheeks as she smiled.
   "You don't have to be like me or anyone else to be confident, You just have to build confidence as a personality. You have bring out a version of yourself that you never knew even existed"
"You don't need to change yourself though……"
She scanned me from head to toe
  "We do you need to change the way you dress and maybe your hairstyle although, your hair is very beautiful you just need to add a little bit of style and color to give you a different look"
   "So You are going to help me"
"Of course I will Michelle, But I must warn you that learning all these things will take time"
  "I don't care how long it will take, I will find an excuse to give at work but I really want to do this"
   "Alright! Let's go shopping and then we go to the beauty parlor"
   We went to the mall and Sayuri bought all sorts of pricey designer clothes and accessories; I was shocked at price tags I saw on the clothes cause they were way too expensive for me to afford but to my surprise Sayuri paid for everything. I couldn't help wondering just how rich Sayuri was for her to buy all these without thinking twice.
    "This is too much Sayuri, I really can't accept these"
   "Ooh come on Dear, Take it as a gift or maybe you can pay me back later but I'm sure You know I won't accept it right?"
I just smiled, I could never say no to her
   "I can see you're worried about the price tags but don't worry, the flower shop isn't my only source of income"
She winked at me after she spoke, I heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at her.
We went to the beauty parlor, after a long session of manicure and pedicure, Facial treatments and styling my curls. I looked into the mirror and I was astonished; I couldn't believe my own reflection because of how beautiful I looked.
I've always been too busy working through multiple jobs since my school days so I never truly had time to pay attention to myself so I got used to it.

I realized how poorly I've been taking care of my skin and myself in general cause if a one day make-over could make me look this pretty imagine how beautiful I would look everyday, I couldn't stop admiring myself.
    "Do now see how gorgeous you are"
I nodded my head happily like a kid, we talked for a bit more and later went back to the flower shop before Sayuri drove me home.
I got out of the car a few blocks away from my place but Sayuri insisted on escorting me to the front door.
   "Michelle listen up, from now on always walk with your head held up high and never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself; If anyone tries to bully you give them a befitting reply and never let yourself be intimidated Okay?"
   I turned my head to look at her and held her hands in mine with a blissful smile on my lips, I felt so so grateful for everything she had done for me every since we met.
   "There are truly no words to express how much I appreciate everything you have been doing for me, Thank you so much Sayuri"
    "Oh Come on! You know you don't need to thank me for anything. To be honest with you dear I you as the daughter I never had and I get that we haven't known each other for a long time but I feel very close to you from my heart, I want you to know I will do anything for you and I will always be here for you at any point in time"
     I so moved by her words that I started getting teary eyed, I moved closer to her and engulfed her in a warm hug
    "Thank you so much for coming into my life"
Sayuri froze for a moment but eventually returned the hug, I felt so blessed to have met people like Sayuri and Jiyoon after all the sh*t I had been through in the past, They believe were truly God-Sent.

My train of thoughts were suddenly interrupted when my lovely best friend barged into my office screaming with a high pitched voice.
     "Michelleeeeee!"
I blocked my ears and closed my closed cause of the noise
   "Jiyoon please keep it down a couple of noches, Geez! You're so noisy"
    "Why won't I be noisy Dimples?"
She took a seat in front of me with an excited smile on her face, I had already been updating Jiyoon on everything that has been happening with me for the past month including Hyunmin's part.
   "You should have seen the look on everyone's face especially that b*tchy Hanna, oh and all the guys were practically drooling over you. I mean you are literally the trending topic on the staffs group chat"

She showed me her phone and I saw a lot of chats mostly good while some bad which am sure were said by the company's gossip mongers.

     "I don't even understand why you've been hiding that sexy figure of yours all this time with all those lame clothes you wear"
   I open my mouth and placed my hand on my chest with an offended look on my face.
    "I'm telling you the truth, Even Mr Chairman couldn't help but stare at you"
She winked at me with a knowing smile
   "He is the last person I want to talk about right now"
     "Are you really not going to talk to him?"
   "Why should I be the first to approach him? I made that mistake before but I won't do it again, Besides things are better this way. Strictly professional"
    "Hmm! I really can't believe your love story is ending when it hasn't even started yet"
    "Tsk! What Love Story?"
I'm so done with love and daydreaming about Hyunmin cause it's not even worth it when am just gonna get hurt in the end. I am done holding on to any stupid lingering emotions cause they're only going to give me pain no matter how pretty and sweet it looks in the beginning. Love is nothing like the way it's usually portrayed in novels and Kdramas, It's not all hearts and roses but many people believe in it way too much, I was once one of those people.

      Love is so overated!

Love can be thorny and deceptive too but I learned that the hard way.
ಠಗಠ  ಠ﹏ಠ