CHAPTER 10: An Impromptu Trip

Michelle was in her office going through some files when the telephone on her desk suddenly started ringing, she picked it up to hear her boss's voice "Come to my office now"
         "Yes Boss"
She cut the call and put down the telephone
    "He is a man of few words, I have been working for him for four months now but he is still as cold as ever.  I'm his assistant shouldn't we be close, Maybe he just ain't the friendly type"
Michelle thought to herself, She rose from her seat and swiftly went to see what her boss needed.
She arrived at his office and immediately went inside, he was sitting graciously with crossed legs while talking on the phone.
He turned his chair that was backing Michelle before to give her a scolding look, he hang up the phone before he started.
  "It has become your habit to come into my office without knocking"
Michelle quickly took a seat before replying with an apologetic look while pouting her lips
  "I'm sorry Boss, I always get a scolding because of this but I still forgot"

  Hyunmin couldn't help but soften his face while looking at Michelle, he could only sigh "She is so forgetful"
He said to himself before he continued
  "Anyways, we are going on a business trip first thing tomorrow morning"
  Michelle looked puzzled A business trip! She thought to herself
   "Sir, Why is it all of a sudden, and what is it about?"

  "There is a business conference I got a tip about just now that will be taking place in Busan, I want us to be there so that we can get new clients and prospective investors"

   "How long will we stay there and Why can't you send someone else to represent our company"

   "Only Four days and as for your second question, I like dealing with our clients directly.  It gives the client or investor a sense of assurance rather than talking with an employee"
Michelle nodded her head in understanding, she had to admit that her boss is truly an excellent businessman just like everyone says

   "No wonder our company is the best in Seoul, The chairman is an impeccable businessman"
  "Is that a compliment?"
   "Of course it is Boss"
Hyunmin took notice of the fact that she calls him boss more often than Sir and decided to ask her about it.
   "Why do you always call me boss?"
  Michelle never guessed he would ask her about something so trivial but again maybe he didn't like it.
  "Well you see, I don't do it on purpose. I watch a lot of Mafia-related movies so I think it got into my head which is why I subconsciously call you boss but if you dislike it I can just………"
   "No, I'm fine with it"
Michelle was astonished, She wasn't expecting him to allow her to address him that way since he is always so strict.
      "Are you sure"
He slightly nodded his head in reply. Hyunmin saw Michelle as a very playful and fun person but he was curious to know her thoughts about him.
   "What makes you address me as boss"
Michelle studied him for a moment before giving a reply
"To be honest you look like those Mafias I watch in movies. You know with the stoic face, bodyguards, expensive suits, and all. The people who work for these Mafias always call them Boss"

  Hyunmin raised an eyebrow at Michelle giving her an are you for real look! She lightly put her fingers in her hair pre itched her head.

"Sorry Boss, I am being talkative again"
  She stood up from her seat and was about to leave when Hyunmin called her
        "Michelle"
        "Yes Boss"
   "Go home early today so you can prepare for tomorrow. The flight is 8 am"
  She put her hand on her forehead in a salute to Hyun-min before she said in a Military like tone
    "Yes Boss"
She turned around and left.
Hyunmin smiled and slowly shaked his head. She is amusing! He said in a low voice.