20 <3

Previously

"Zaylani you're not dragging anyone down aight? You gotta get rid of that mindset." Nique says sternly.

"And sometimes shit has to get worse before it gets better." She adds on.

I think about that for a second.

Sometimes shit has to get worse before it gets better.

I've never thought about anything like that before. I always just sweep my emotions under the rug, hoping they would just disappear eventually.

But shit doesn't work like that. I have to face my feelings head on if I want to genuinely heal.

I take a deep breath.

"Y-you're right." I say, wiping my face, "Thank you.."

I kiss her cheek and chuckle when she blushes. However, she looks a little guilty.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"Nothing ma." She says, running her hand through her hair.

Okay so she's lying.

I open my mouth to object, but I'm stopped when I hear Kierra running towards me.

"Zaylani!" She exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay??" She asks worriedly, now cupping my face in her hand.

"Yeah..I'm okay now." I respond and Kierra nods.

"Thank you so much Nique. My bad on how I came at you earlier.." She says to Nique.

"Nah you good, I get it." Nique responds and Kierra nods.

"Now lets get you out this dorm." Kierra says.

The three of us head to the main office to talk to Ms. Armani instead of the Residence Hall since that nigga Mr. Tuffin wanted to be on bs last time. Administration gon see these bruises on my neck and get his ass fired.

⚠️TW⚠️

Nique's POV

I'm trailing behind Zaylani and Kierra, feeling more guilt ridden with every step I take.

I really fucked up, hooking up with that psycho.

I just wanted so bad to stop thinking about Zaylani for one second.

But all I've done is make things worse for myself because I feel even worse and the guilt is eating me alive, and for Zaylani if she finds out..especially during all of this.

..which she probably will because Meera is clinically insane..or I'll end up telling her out of remorse.

Fuck.

"You okay back here?" Zaylani asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. She's slowed her pace to walk next to me and her voice is riddled with concern.

"Oh..yeah I'm okay ma. Just zoned out for a second." I respond, running a hand through my hair.

Zaylani gives me a look, letting me know she doesn't believe a word.

"If you say so girl." She responds before catching back up to Kierra.

They exchange looks and I sigh under my breath.

Zaylani's POV

TW⚠️