1 <3

Nique's POV
Ever since I met Zaylani, she's been stuck in my head. I've wanted to call her since I got her number but I always chicken out right before I actually do. We spoke a bit at her graduation but nothing too serious.

Today's the day though. It's been like a week but..imma call her. I grab my phone and find her contact.

I stared at that phone icon for like five minutes straight. My finger hovers over it but I can't bring myself to press it. I fling my phone on the couch and run my fingers through my hair.

Ain't nobody ever made me this nervous before.

Not even my fuck ass ex.

Zaylani's POV
I'm currently at Kierra's house on her couch paying no  attention to the movie on tv and staring down at my phone, waiting for a call from Nique. I've been doing it for the past week actually. I been checking to see if my phone was on DnD but it never was. I guess she ain't interested no more. Or she never was.

"Why you look so sad?" Kierra asks, coming out from her room.

"Oh-" I put my phone down beside me. "No reason."

Kierra looks down at my phone then back at me.

"Ohhh..wait-she ain't call you yet?"

I shook my head no.

"The hell..give me your phone." Kierra speaks. She sounds quite irritated and I quickly put it behind my back.

"Nah. Leave it alone it's fine." I say.

"It's not fine if you're hurt. Gimme the phone" She says again.

I ignored her and turned the my attention to the tv. Kierra smacked her teeth and sat next to me.

"Fuck her." She says and I laugh.

Two Days Later>>

I still never received a call. Enough of that though. Fuck her.

Me, Kierra, Dani and apparently Miss Nique are going to Ihop. I'm riding with Kierra and Dani is taking Nique.

It's about an hour till Kierra was supposed to come pick me up so I get up to do my hygiene before getting dressed. I decide to wear a black long sleeve crop top with a design on it & low waisted jeans.

I sat on the couch until Kierra finally came to get me.

"Hii!" I greet Kierra as I get in her car.

"Heyy gorgeous!" She replies as she pulls off.

"Wachu been doin?" I ask mischievously, she was 15 minutes late and that don't ever happen.

She immediately starts fidgeting and tapping the steering wheel.

"Uh-" Kierra stutters.

I laugh. She's so obvious.

"You was fucking wasn't you girl." I say in between laughs.

She puts a hand up in surrender and bites her lip.

"You got me." We both start laughing.

Her & Danielle fuck like rabbits.

"Anyways," Kierra spoke, "you ready to see miss Nique?"

"Girl fuck her f'real. She's weird." I responded with a shrug. 

I know deep down I still want that call but that's for me to know.

"On me she is." Kierra agrees.