22 <3

Previously

"Yeahh, def. How'd it go with Nique tho? Did you check on her?" I ask.

She's been on my mind all day since Danielle confirmed her energy was off.

"Uh, yeah..you gotta talk to her." She responds, glancing at Kierra.

Kierra looks back at her with a confused look on her face.

"Huh?" I say.

"Yeah, I'm lost. What she gotta talk to her for?" Kierra says, glancing at Danielle as she drives.

"I'm sorry I really can't say much, you just gotta talk to her Zay." Danielle says with a sigh.

"Um..okay I guess? Is she okay at least though?" I ask.

"She's aight." She responds.

Okay..

"Sounds like she pulled some bullshit to me." Kierra mumbles under her breath.

Danielle only shakes her head, seemingly in disappointment, looking out the window.

I wonder what's going on..

Zaylani's POV

>>

Kierra, Danielle and I went and got Italian ice from a spot near campus and walked around a little outlet mall for a while. I had a lot of fun, and I love spending time with them. However the whole time, what Danielle said about Nique was at the back of my mind.

"Aight, I'll be up soon, I'm just gonna go talk to Nique real quick." I say as we get to the elevator of our residence hall.

"Yeah, aight.." Danielle says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Alright..let me know if you need me to beat her ass." Kierra says and I laugh.

"Ion think it'll come to that..hopefully it doesn't." I say.

Just then, the elevator arrives at the level of Nique's dorm.

"Aight, see y'all in a bit." I say, waving as I step out.

I walk to Nique's dorm room and knock.

As I'm waiting I hear what sounds like raised voices.

..maybe this is a bad time.

I turn to leave when the door opens.

My mouth is set to greet Nique but my face contorts into a look of annoyance when I see Meera standing in front of me.

She's wearing a green crop top and gray sweats with black socks.

"Well, haven't seen you in a while." She says with a smug look on her face, leaning against the door.

"Um. Yeah. Where's Nique at?" I respond blankly.

"Why do you need to know?" Meera responds.

The fuck?

"..You're on my dick. So are you gonna get her or what?" I say.

Meera chuckles.

"You're in for a rude awakening, gorgeous." She says smugly.

"What is that sup-" I start, but before I can finish she turns and walks into Nique's room.

Huh??

Maybe I'm trippin but..that girl is wayy bolder with her attitude than she was before.

She used to be lowkey shady but..now she's straight up being rude.