21 <3

Previously

Ms. Miller stands up and and walks over to the couch, sitting next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her eyes filled with empathy.

"I.." I start, feeling a lump in my throat.

"I'm not so sure anymore.." I admit.

"Just know you don't have to do this alone. I see you have a great support system, keep them by your side." Ms. Miller says.

I nod, not wanting to speak as I feel the lump in my throat grow.

"This is only a part of your journey to healing, and it's gonna be hard. Trust me, I know."

She puts emphasis on her last phrase before pulling her right sleeve up, revealing a medium sized tattoo on her wrist of a purple butterfly with the body of a purple ribbon. In the space in the middle of the loop of the ribbon, there's a semicolon.

A/N: The purple ribbon is the Stop Domestic Violence symbol. It also has other meanings, but here it signifies dv. The semicolon tattoo (;) represents getting through any hardships.

Seeing this, I immediately tear up.

"I'm so sorry.." I say quietly.

It's so fucked up how many people experience domestic violence.

"It's okay. I've healed." Ms. Miller says, "And one day, you will too."

The lump in my throat comes to a head and I can no longer hold back my tears. I curl into myself, silently sobbing. Ms. Miller says nothing and hugs me, offering me silent comfort.

>>>

4 days later

Zaylani's POV

"Bitch wake the fuck up!" I hear Kierra yell.

I've been staying in her and Dani's dorm for the passed few days. They've both made me feel incredibly welcomed, although I'm sure that my presence is a bit inconvenient for them.

"GET UP!" She yells again, this time louder.

Andddd this is what I wake up to every morning.

"Bitch.." I groan.

"Don't you have a session today?" Kierra asks.

"Shuttttt uppppp." I complain groggily.

The bitch jumps on me, almost killing me in the process.

"Bitch! Ow!" I yelp and she laughs.

"Go jump on Danielle!" I exclaim.

"Nooooo thank you." I hear Danielle groan from the couch, looking at her phone, "She does that shit to me every morning, you saving my life right now."

"Don't act brand new Danielle..you know you love my wake a bitch up routine." Kierra responds, still on top of me.

"Nigga you little but you not that little! I'm losing oxygen."  I say.

Kierra mugs me and Danielle bursts out laughing.

"Bitch. You lucky you got somewhere to be." She mumbles, getting off of me.

"Yeah. I've actually started to look forward to them." I say, sitting up in bed.

Ms. Miller set me up with her therapist. For the first week I'm scheduled to go every day, then I only go 3 days a week. Her name is Destiney and she's really easy to talk to. She's helping me so much already.