Chapter 9: Long Days & Nights

*Scarlet's POV*

"MUMMY!" a little girl shouts. I see her running, her brown hair blowing in the wind.

"MUMMY'S BACK! DADDY!" the girl shouts and I see someone walking towards the little girl and me. The person walks closer to me then I see Harry, Niall.

"Mummy, who's my daddy?" the little girl asks me. All of a sudden, everywhere starts disappearing and then I'm in a black area which turns into a room. Like an interragation room.

"You're walking into a trap" Someone says, turning around to see Louis.

"Louis?" I say and he sits down. I mimic his actions and sit down too. All of a sudden everything changes into some kinda of cafe or restaurant. Louis was in some fancy suit and I was in some red dress.

"You're walking into a trap" Louis repeats and I begin to shake.

"Scarlet, I can't protect you forever" Louis says "One day, I won't be able to take it"

"Lou. Help me" I say and Louis holds my hand across the table.

"You look beautiful tonight" Louis says and I furrow my eyebrows. How is this helping me?

"Scarlet, believe me. You're beautiful and you deserve someone better. Once you realize that, you'll get over them and they won't be able to hurt you no more" Louis says and I smile.

"I make it my job to make you happy, don't I?" Louis says, looking at our hands.

"You're the best, Lou" I say, looking at our hands interwine a little tighter. Everything disappears and I see the same little girl right in front of me.

"Who do you love mommy?"

I wake up gasping for air, I didn't know what the hell happened. I look at the time and it's 3:00 in the morning. Might as well get up and do something. This has been going for a few nights now. I walk out and start warming up some milk. It never works but it'll do.

*Louis' POV*

3:00. It's 3:00 and Scarlet's awake. Something's up. I get up and walk down the hallway. The light was blinding me. I wasn't quite used to it yet.

"Sorry for waking you up" Scarlet says and my eyes finally adjust to the light. I lean onto the wall and watch her drink something.

"It's pretty early, don't you think?" I ask Scarlet and she smiles. I walk over to her, sitting down next to her.

"Guess so" Scarlet says "Since you're awake"

Scarlet walks over to the massive iPod speaker and she plays some music.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath.

And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky

Never revealing their depth.

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love.

I'll be captivated,

I'll hang from your lips,

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.

Scarlet takes a sip of her hot milk and I grab her hand. "Dance with me" I whisper and she smiles.

Her hands begin to shake and her face is full of worry. "Scarlet, don't worry" I say and she calms down, putting her hands around my neck. My hands go around her waist and I smile.