Chapter 16: Bomb

*Scarlet's POV*

"YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT LIAM!" I hear Louis scream at his phone for the third time this morning. I have never heard Louis so angry.

"SHE ISN'T OKAY. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!?" Louis yells once again. I was beginning to question what was actually happening.

"SHE NEEDS SOMEONE. LIAM. PLEASE. GIVE US TIME" Louis begs. Louis probably thinks I'm still asleep, but in all honesty, I'm just scared.

"FUCKING HELL" Louis shouts, slamming something. I never wanted to come in between his friends, his career. I never intended to mean this much to him. I don't want Louis to care. I need to push everyone away. I'm a bomb waiting to explode and affect whoever is close to me. I don't want to do that.

I get out of my bed and walk very slowly to the kitchen.

*Louis' POV*

I was so mad at Liam. How can he just ask another composer to fill Scarlet's spot then expect me to come to work when OBVIOUSLY my friend -best friend- needs help?! IT'S SO ANNOYING. Can't he see how hurt Scarlet is? She's scared for crying out loud. Can't he be a tiniest bit more understanding? I know we have a due date and everything but all of that can be ignored because our friend is hurt and mentally fragile. It just pisses me off, how am I supposed to go to work? I can't just leave Scarlet here. I have n-

"Boo?"

I turn around to see Scarlet leaning -more like hiding- against the doorway.

"Scarlet" I say and she comes into the light of the apartment.

"How are you?" I ask and she shakes her head. Her face looks pained.

"What was the phone call about?" Scarlet says, trying to change topic. I walk to her on my own accord and grab her hand.

"How are you?" I say again and she looks at me.

"I-I'm okay. That phone call was about me, wasn't it?" Scarlet says. I knew she was lying. Why is she always lying to me? Can't she trust me?

"Scarlet.. the truth please?" I ask and she nods.

"Do you think I'll have a panic attack if I see them again?" Scarlet says.

"I don't know, babe. And yes, that phone call was about you" I say and Scarlet nods again.

"What happened?" Scarlet asked. Looking at her, I could see her heart, I could see inside of her. I felt this connection between us.

"Um. Liam got us another composer. He wants me to go recording today. I don-"

"Go" Scarlet says.

"Louis. Go" Scarlet says, again.

"I can't" I say "What about you?"

"What about me? Louis. You can't waste your life on me" Scarlet says.

"Why can't I?" I question her.

"Louis. I'm a lost cause" Scarlet says. She goes to her room and I follow.

"You're not a lost cause. You're my cause worth saving" I say. I watch her clench the sheets.

*Scarlet's POV*

I need to push him away.

I need distance.

I need sometime alone.

"LOUIS! STOP.. STOP. PLEASE. STOP. FORGET ME. LEAVE ME. YOU NEED A BETTER CAUSE! IM MAKING YOU FIGHT WITH YOUR FRIEND! YOUR CAREER IS MORE IMPORTANT! STOP! GO! LEAVE! WALK OUT THE DOOR NOW! LOUIS!" I shout.