Chapter Ten: Distance.

*Louis' POV*

"Lou, you haven't talked to me for the whole day. What's wrong?" Scarlet says and I shake my head.

"I'm fine, everything's fine" I say and she walks away, kinda disappointed at me I guess. I've been avoiding Scarlet all day today, I just can't risk anything happening between us. It's just that I am so attached to her. I've never really noticed how much I'm around her until now. I know if I hang around her with Harry or Niall around I'd get killed in a millisecond. I shouldn't be like this I know, it's just that I'm scared. I'm scared. I want to protect Scarlet but they're onto me.

"Louis" Liam says and I snap out of my daydream.

"Sorry, it isn't my day today" I say and they continue working on the song.

"So, what about this for the guitar riff?" Niall asks and shows Scarlet a guitar riff. I see a smile form on Scarlet's face and they high five each other happily. I know goddamn well I can treat Scarlet better as her best friend then Niall and Harry would as her boyfriend.

"I'm hungry, lets get some lunch, shall we Lou?" Liam says, adding emphasis on the Lou, meaning he wants to talk to me.

*Scarlet's POV*

To be completely honest with you, I don't understand why Louis is avoiding me. And don't try to say he isn't, cause we both know he is. Harry yawns very loudly and he puts his arm around me and I lean onto his shoulder. I was tired and I couldn't be bothered fighting with myself. I was tired and drained. I had gotten no sleep last night.

"You tired, baby?" Harry asks me and I nod. His pink lips kiss my head and I close my eyes.

"You can fall asleep on my lap if you want" Harry says and I take the the chance. Harry laughs at my reaction and leans me back up for a second.

He kisses my forehead, holding himself for a while and my body starts to shake.

"Scar, are you okay?" Harry asks me and I begin to worry even more. What's happening to me?

"I-I don't know" I say and he wraps his arms around me. I try to calm down and listen to something to calm me down. Harry's heartbeat was the first thing I hear and I hold onto Harry for dear life. I've been getting this for ages. What the hell's happening to me? I'm so scared.

"Shh... let's get some rest" Harry says and Harry lays down and I join him.

"I love you"

*Liam's POV*

"She needs you, Lou" I say, trying to convince him that being her friend is alright. We open the door and we see Scarlet asleep on Harry's chest while Harry was awake, looking at Scarlet lovingly. Louis pulls me out of the room and holds me by shoulders.

"I can't freaking deal with this!" Louis says.

"What?" I ask. I had no clue what Louis was talking about.

"LOOK AT HER. SHE DESERVES BETTER THEN THAT. YOU KNOW IT. I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S RUNNING BACK TO THEM. I LEAVE HER FOR A DAY AND SHE'S ALL FUCKING RUNNING UP TO THE CLOSEST PERSON WHO'S GOING TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HER! SHE CAN DO BETTER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES I'VE TRIED TO TELL HER!" Louis screams at me. I did not know what the hell just happened and what I have experienced.

"Louis, chill. Let's go back inside" I say and he nods.

*Louis' POV*

What the hell happened to me? Why did I shout at Liam then? Why did I just snap it at the sight of Scarlet with Harry? I didn't understand why I got so mad. I just did. I hated the fact that Scarlet was going to Harry. I told her loud and clear that she needs someone who's going to treat her better.