1.2

_

_

"please tell me why you woke me up at the ass crack of dawn?" Belle followed her boyfriend around the beach holding a stick, white cloth and JJ's t-shirt.

"okay, one it's not the ass crack of dawn because the sun is clearly out and two we have a flag to make." JJ answered pointing to the dark haired girl.

the blonde found a spot to set the flag down sharpening the piece of coal to draw on cloth. Belle kneeled down besides him watching him draw the chicken smiling. once finished JJ jumped up grabbing his shirt slipping it back on grabbing the rope as he and Belle started tying the corners.

"ready?" JJ looked at the girl who nodded.

"let's do it."

JJ grinned running off to the palm tree climbing up immediately tying the flag. once secured Belle cheered loudly jumping up and down admiring the flag.

"Poguelandia!" she screamed jumping around with a big smile on her face.

"Poguelandia, baby!" JJ yelled up from the tree starting to cheer, Belle smiled cheering loudly with him as he climbed down running over to her.

his arms wrapped around her waist picking her up from the ground spinning her around, Belle laughed wrapping her arms and legs around his neck and waist as JJ sprinted towards the water throwing themselves in. everything was perfect.

Belle was in a beautiful island with the people she loved the most living the life she loved. the past month on the island have been filled with so much, Belle didn't want to leave at all. she missed her family but at the same time she didn't want this moment to end, going back to OBX meant going back to normal, she didn't want that.

"hey," JJ looked at her moving the wet pieces of her hair away from her face cupping her cheeks, "i love you."

Belle smiled pulling him closer by his shirt placing her lips on his, the blonde immediately kissed back holding her face smiling against her lips.

"i love you."

__

when the couple had dried off they both sat near the rocks making spears to catch some fish for everyone. Belle couldn't stop smiling at JJ, she could listen to him for hours talking about the island and all the plans he had come up with for the two, "so no rescue?" she asked setting her stick down seeing JJ turn his head to her.

"rescued? from what? from.. paradise? i'm not going back. ever." JJ shook his head, he had everything on the island. his person, "i mean, look around. we got everything we need. right here."

Belle smiled sitting up straight, "the dream officially started?"

"hell yeah," JJ stood up holding his hand out to the girl, "ready to provide for the family?"

"yup?" taking his hand, Belle stood up showing him her stick.

"let's go kill something."

"maybe don't say it like that." she looked at him.

"That's exactly what we're gonna do though," JJ tells her, "unless you wanna keep eating coconuts."

"i'm actually starting to like them, they're not so bad." Belle says as the two walked towards the beach, for someone who wasn't a fan of coconuts, Belle found a liking to them.

JJ let go of her hand removing his t-shirt wrapping it around his stick gripping it tightly as Belle gripped her stick as well looking at the water.

"you ready? today's the day. all right, remember, watch your shadow. they see that, they're gone." JJ explains to Belle who nodded keeping her eyes on the water focusing on the movement.

"all right, here we go, just like we practiced, all right. look, it's a skate. it's a skate right there. you see him?" JJ pointed out to the water.

"oh shit, okay wait this is happening fast." Belle says gripping the stick, "he's coming over by you baby, go, go, go!"

Belle plunged her stick into the water seeing the skate swim past her, "shit! i lost it, J."

JJ then plunged his stick into the water missing as well looking around quickly, Belle saw the figure pass right her quickly throwing her stick back into the water gasping lifting it up slowly.

"full Pogue! let's go baby!" JJ laughed cheering loudly pulling Belle into his arms, "that's food in our bellies right there."

Belle laughed walking with JJ back to their friends who were waiting for the two.

"well, well, look who came back. thought you two left us alone." John B teased seeing his friends.

"i was gonna suggest it but then i knew you would miss us too much." Belle smiled at her oldest friend jumping on his back.

"nope. we'd get some quiet around here with all the screaming and laughing you do." John B joked walking around their camp handing Belle the sticks for the fire.

"the one who always screams and laughs caught dinner." Belle playfully pushed his head jumping off his back setting up the small bonfire.

"this is why i like her." Cleo pointed to Belle who smiled at John B, the brunette boy just chuckled ruffling his best friends hair.

"love you, Bells." he grinned at the girl.

"love you too." she smiled at him helping Cleo with the fire as JJ started preparing dinner.

she never wanted to leave.

__

Belle woke up during the middle of the night not feeling JJ besides her, slowly sitting up. she looked around not seeing him anywhere until she stood up walking around the beach quietly looking for him. JJ sat on the sand by the tree that had the Poguelandia flag staring at the water.

"what are you doing all the way out here?" Belle asked sitting besides him, his arm wrapped around her waist pulling her close.

JJ just shook his head kissing Belle's shoulder lightly, "just thinkin."

"about?"

"this. i'm not ready to say goodbye to it." he says drawing shapes on her hip.

"it might be awhile until we're rescued. but when we do, it's only the start of another adventure and i'll be there with you." she softly says looking at him, JJ looked at her smiling leaning in kissing her gently.

"just like we talked about." he whispered resting his forehead against hers.

"you're my favorite forever. i need you to remember that." she whispered playing with his necklace.

JJ nodded kissing her forehead wrapping his arms around her again pulling them down to the sand laying down looking at the stars.

Belle rested her hand on his chest listening to him talking about the stars making her smile until she fell asleep.