1.6

_

_

waking up the next morning to the sound of Rafe's snores Belle had the idea of getting the diary to Singh. not really because all she wanted was to get out of this place. praying for the lying JJ had taught her would help she climbed off the bed fixing the silk pajamas she had on opening the curtain seeing the guard outside the window.

"hey!" she whispered knocking on the glass getting his attention, "i need to talk to Mr. Singh. go get him." she pointed to the other side of the house.

the guard just looked at Belle in silence, "Mr. Singh. get Mr. Singh." she whispered again tapping on the window.

"Bells?" Rafe groggily asked sitting up from the ground.

"go back to sleep. i got an idea." she waved Rafe away, Rafe quickly stood up making his way towards her pulling her away from the window.

"what's the idea genius? i thought we were working together on this." he whispered.

"i don't tell you everything i think of." she pushed him away jumping back on the bed going around knocking on the door.

"Belle." Rafe sighed rubbing his face as the door opened showing the guard.

"i need to talk to Mr. Singh." Belle tells the guard, the guard pulled her out of the room shutting and locking the door.

following the man out of the room and downstairs, Belle crossed her arms looking around the house noticing all the treasure. what was all this? and why would Singh want the diary? the guard lead Belle to the dining room pointing where to go.

"there."

Singh looked up from his seat seeing Belle, "i lied. i know about the diary. i don't have the original with me but i know where to get a copy."

"i'm relieved to hear you say that, you know." Singh says eating a grape, "may i offer you something to eat?" he asked pointing to his plate of fruit.

"i'm okay." Belle shook her head playing with her fingers.

"relax. nothing's gonna happen to you now. you're cooperating, and i don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, you know." Singh says.

"i just want to get you what you need and then i want to go home." she admits, "i know where it is but i have to go get it myself."

"but how would i know that you'd come back? you know, i need some collateral."

"Rafe's here." Belle shrugged, "keep him."