chapter one

✨Featured song✨
     "If we have each other"
         (Alec Benjamin)

Author pov_

8:00 AM

Anu Nair: I'm so nervous Rn. BACK ME UP BISH!

Main bitch: Don't be, it's just an exam. Go chill and watch Wednesday. Shoo shoo

Anu Nair: How can you be so cool while I'm dying out here by ma and pa's death stare? And are you kidding me? You should have told me to watch Friends.

Main bitch: Han, whatever. But paragraphs should have been avoided. 

Anu Nair: IF YOU ARE NOT HERE IN TEN FUCKING MINUTES, I'M GONNA COME STRAIGHT THERE TO THE DOMINOS AND KICK YOUR ASS INFRONT OF THE HOT GUY.

Main bitch: I told you, it's taking me two whole minutes to read your text. Why can't you call me instead?

Anu Nair: Nevermind, fuck you.

Main bitch: Oh c’mon you know you can't. Anyway, I'm at your door, have been knocking for a good four years.

Anu Nair: Shoot, screw me!

“Why is it either ‘fuck you’ or ‘screw me’? You that desperate?”     

"Shut up, at least you are here now," Anu hugs Aditi as soon as she enters with a bag of Domino's in her hand.

"Thanks for this," Anu grabs the burger and starts to munch while Aditi tries to process what's going on.

“Wait wait. Are you the same girl who was dying a minute ago?” 

Anu rolled her eyes and yelled, "Ma, Aditi is here," as she filled her mouth with what just Aditi had bought and it was a max hamburger which was kinda max but not for Anu.

We could say Anu is a voracious eater. The word 'foodie' would be the apt one to describe her.

"How are you ma and pa," asks Aditi leaving her sandals out while closing the door.

"Oh we are fine dear, I made dhoklas here," says Anu's mum who was preoccupied with some chores. Aditi was about to devour those yummy dhoklas while Anu screamed the hell out of her. Mr. Nair, Ramesh were also exclaiming happily. 

"Did you get in?" Asks Aditi stuffing two dhoklas in her mouth. Is it a mouth or a large container?

"Of course, she did!" Ramesh answered for Anu while she was taking screenshots and sending them to her relatives." oh, again when did you come dear?"

"Five minutes before, pa," Aditi says, hugging her best friend Anu from behind. "I know you could,"

"Thank you thank you," Anu said, smiling sheepishly.

"Anu, my little blossom got in!" The mother has made jangiris too! What a special day for the two foodies.

Yes, Anu Nair just cracked her JEE main! After two years of hard work, she finally did it. Her percentile was 94% of five lakh applicants which was damn big.

And the goofy head you just met is Aditi Varma. Aditi Vamshini Varma.

She is a NEET Aspirant who's on her second attempt and the exam is in a week! She is your typical girl with average looking and scores. As a single child, she never learned to share anything. Anyone. Even her best friend.

Yeah, her best friend Anu nair. She never seemed to find what's the matter with her not sharing anything. Except for Anu. She was the best thing that ever happened to Aditi and however she got on her nerves, she managed to get into her heart. The two were inseparable since kindergarten and their group became a trio when Aryan moved to Chennai. Aryan Raj was another goofy head who was the second partner in the crime of The Great Aditi. They had met when they were five or six, and can't be remembered because Aditi says the worst things in life are not remembered. Touché.