chapter nine

Featured song
Somebody to you

 Aditi's POV:

I casually entered the hall not minding Vivaan and his probable girlfriend who were seated just across us. I mean, it must be something important. With that I forget the thought of Vivaan and the party and dive right into my friend's laughter and jokes. We are gathering once in a blue moon, so who cares! 

We ordered my favorite prawn biryani, Chicken kebab, cheesed barbeque, Swiss fries, and ofcourse, Aryan's fav naan and paneer butter masala. Anu opted for her native Hyderabadi biryani and  banana yogurt. I hate yogurts! I hate the smell of them! And so I switched places with Aryan.

And that's when I saw Vivaan breaking down. Very hard. Whatever is going on there, It must be stopped. She is hurting him. So without thinking twice, I marched right to their table and cleared my throat. 

"Vivaan, a moment please,"

He nodded without saying anything and I followed him. We reached outside the cafe and I left behind Anu and Aryan. Shit. What do I say now? He’s definitely struggling, but I don’t know what to say… as a guy. 

As soon as we came outside the cafe, losing sight of everyone, Vivaan broke out and cried hard. I just patted him saying everything is going to be alright. He didn't stop. I wasn't able to stop him from crying. So I gave him my shoulders. He hugged me pretty tight and I bit back the fear that he would find me as a girl.

So I loosed up the hug and patted him. Finally, he gave in. "I don't wanna be here," Tears squeezed from his eyes like lemon juice and I couldn't bear to see him like this. Although he was a person that I'd just met a few days ago, he became one of my strongest friends. And at a time like this, I can’t possibly give up on him.

I made him look at my eyes and gave him confidence that it is going to turn out good. By this time, I saw him. That guy from the party. He was maneuring towards me and Vivaan as I tried to get him to calm down. My left hand rested on his shoulder and he bent over to my height in order to listen to my words over the noise of passing vehicles. 

I could now clearly see through his eyes and his physique. He was handsome. He… I couldn't describe him with my vocabulary of words. Why? Aditi Varma has always been the playful girl on whom nobody could hit on. But! What the hell is happening now?

He rushed towards us and Vivaan who was now alright, as I presume.

"What the fuck Vivaan?" He lets out a cry. "You can't just disappear without informing me!" He hugs Vivaan and tears fall from his eyes. He looked devastated still, I found something attractive in him. Hope, trust, friendship, care and honesty were printed in those hazel eyes. I could get lost in them forever. He was still hugging Vivaan and I let them be. 

I backed off and was about to go inside the cafe and then I heard his voice. "Wait!"

I stabbed on my own feet and decelerated my foot. I turn towards them and let out a small smile. 

"Thank you," Vivaans friend whispered which I heard pretty well. Vivaan said something to him through his eyes and marched towards me.

He hugged me. "Thank you for what you have done tonight," I shrug and pat him on his shoulders. "And this is my brother Vedant," he introduced to which I blush inside. I repeat his name to make it sound familiar, loving the way it rolled off of my lips. I wave my hands to a little extent and I focus on Vivaan. 

"I will be going now," He says, slithering a bit. 

"Safe drive," I mutter and smile to myself.

With all these scenes, I forgot why I came to this place. FUN! I raced to Anu and Aryan and breathed hard. "Sorry, I wanted to-" I broke off, pointing towards the restroom's direction. They nodded together before going back to their conversation.