chapter nineteen

Featured song
Down bad
Taylor Swift

ADITI'S POV:

"Best view comes after the hardest climb"

Now I do believe it. The two years of hard work have paid off. The best scene in my entire lifetime. There stood the majesty, University of Bangalore. You could picture it as I say, the oldest of buildings from British rule, lights perfectly placed to show off the curves of the walls. Eerie nights. And the veins spreading over an old part of the building, like slow, slow cancer. Darkness rules the reign just after the sunset, unlike Hyderabad.

The oldest of professors daily routine to go on walks. Dark green themed posters, just matching with the deepest of trees. Wind just enough to make you fall for it, with Rain drizzling then and there. I would like to describe it as Magical.

I described my university like my entire life depended on it. But, it's been only three days since I arrived here and I was yet to hawk my entire school and who bothered as I had my whole college life to enjoy.

I had been arranging my cupboard since morning and I was very sad to know that it was evening and I was far from done. That's when I wondered if I even had this much clothes to wear.

I opened the suitcase which had all my certificates and stuff. I remembered that I also had my photos from school. As if it was my first time looking at it, I searched  for it. There it was, my overboarding unforgettable memories.

The first photo was of me and dad. It was the day when I got my first mottai. My mom had me sitting on her lap and I was off from crying all day. The man who just chopped off my cute hair and turned me baldy was smiling proudly as if he was the one who painted Mona Lisa.

Dad was looking at me. Not just looking, but adoring. He was all smiles and I was afraid his smile may extend and fall. He had this look that said I am going to take care of my little girl very well. She is going to be Wonder Woman. He always told that to mom.

I couldn't dare to build up all the newfound confidence I gained just after coming here. So I turned to the next photo.

Aryan, Anu, and Aditi. We were looking at an ice-cream, it was as if we were fighting for a single ice cream. But it was the total opposite. We were deciding to give the ice cream to three different people. One ice cream to three different people.

I could clearly remember who I was wishing to give the ice cream to, Shaktimaan. I know, I know. But I loved him too much at those times. Anu wanted to give it to Arjun as he carried her from school to home when she got injured. She was such a kind girl even from those days. And Arjun was demanding that Anu should take it as she was the weakest of the three then.

And at last, Babloo ended up eating the Ice cream. And that's when Anu started to hate my brother. He said we were annoying him with the beautiful sight of ice cream and he couldn't control himself.

I laughed at how silly things were back then. We would cry at silly things like losing an eraser, peeing in pants, seeing a cockroach, etcetera.

As if she had been watching me, I got a call from Anu.

"Baby shark too do too do too baby shark to do to du du baby shark," Anu's voice was just like a newborn hyena's voice. ( If it had one.)

"What up?" I asked switching my phone from right to left ear. I took the wall hanging I made from two weeks ago. It was snappy yet it contained every important person in my life. The crumbled effect I decided to give seemed to be the best option.