chapter thirteen

Featured song ⭐
Ordinary Person
(Anirudh Ravichander)

Author's pov_

Aditi was just completely lost in duets. She thought too highly of herself! She took maximum rest and was feeling epic. She was happily playing with her messy hair, when the phone rang.

She smiled seeing Vivaan's name on the screen. "Vi, how ya been?"

He shrugs before answering."I'm mad with you,"

"Well, everybody, Ahem every girl goes mad about me," She paused. "The phrase you used is wrong,"

He shakes his head in dismay. "Anyways, How'd you do your exam?"

She enthusiastically replies but gets aware of the act and settles for good.

"So how about today? Think of the promise you made to this little boy,"

She thought about leaving her cosy bed and bedsheet and hesitated for a moment. "Let's meet at eleven, Glarites'. And the bill is on me,"

"Sure, And you can bring company if you want,"

Aditi was aware that Anu had gone to see her grandma back in the countryside and Aryan was five hundred miles away.

"Nah, I'm single,"

Vivaan laughs to which Aditi shrugs. "See ya at eleven,"

***

"I'm here," Aditi climbs off from her car and begins her slay walk.

"Walk straight and then to your left," Vivaan commands.

***

Aditi's POV:

I am at the Glarites which Vivaan has leeching me to come. Despite his leaching, I managed to dress up well. I threw on sandal denim with black fits.

He told me to come straight and take a left, and I did.

What the fuck? Why am I seeing him here? Oh shit, Vedant's Vivaan's elder brother. And that's why he told me to bring company, for, he is bringing one! Shit, shit, shit.

If I could see my face, I would know. It could be like the face of a demogorgon or something.

It's this feeling, like I wanna be around him all the time. I still do. But, I can't, cause it's just- I'm so nervous. It’s exhausting. Plastering a smile is all that I can do before he slits my throat. That's what my situation is.

It's the third time I'm seeing him. Three times of getting butterflies all over my gut. Three times of getting blushed. Three times of being unnervingly self-conscious.

If I 'fess to my biology teacher about this, she'll make a comment : "This is the job of hormones, child. Don't worry."

But damn it. Screw hormones. I can't. I might wanna cancel this meet up with Vivaan again. Shit, It's the second one in a row. I shouldn't give up on myself. I wouldn't. That's how my mama bear raised me. I shouldn't be afraid or affected by people, unless there's a crack on my part.

Let's manoeuvre, Aditi Varma!

I wore my black Louis Vuitton glasses quickly and stood in a corner of the cafe and took out my phone.

"HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY GIG IN FRONT OF A GUY?"

Shit! Shit! I was going insane already.
What's this boy did to me?

By indulging in all these activities, I forgot to notice who was standing in front of me.

Before I could realise, he bent down to me and said, "Aditya, come on!"