chapter eight

🌌Featured song 🌌
             Comethru ( Jeremy Zucker )

Vedant's pov_

Only four more days to go. I should definitely get in this time. Everyone has got hopes on me. I wouldn't dare to disappoint them.

To be honest, I'm a bit overconfident. Cause I've worked damn much hard for this. I don't care if I'm placed in a college away from home or whatever. I just wanna be a doctor. But leaving mom and Vivaan is inconsiderate. Perhaps, I should expect to get a college near home, so that I'll be able to visit them at least on weekends.

Oh god, why am I not able to sleep? This acceptance is getting me hyped. I turn, turn and turn every single minute, trying to get to sleep. But it's always a failure. I sleep transverse, longitudinal and whatever position I studied in biology.

I chuckle to myself. "Ved, Your brother is past the curfew today, get him home." Mother calls out and I snobbishly get up, getting a very good excuse not to sleep.

"Yes, ma'am."

I pull up one of Vivaan's shirts or whatever it is and spray up a little or a lot of cologne I just bought. I still don't know why I'd agreed to buy a 'cologne'. Mom says it's an essential for a 'man' to smell himself up. Man, I'm not letting anybody smell me. Ew.

But anyways, perfume is better than smelling sweaty. I put on my flip ons and grab my car keys. I already informed mom that I'll be taking him for a little snack and we will be back by ten or something.

He previously told me that he is going to a party of his friend named Something. Vivaan is a good brother. I mean yes, he is loyal to me. Not like shabby teens. He is a good little bro.

I reached the house, he'd told me and asked around where he was but their answers were similar. The friend of Vivaan, Isha, told me that he was hanging out with a guy and a girl came in and grabbed him out somewhere. She also said that the guy had been searching for Vivaan all night and had asked every one of her friends. Vivaan left in a hurry and Isha said that he had tears in his eyes when he left.

I wondered who this girl was and why did she make him cry? Perhaps it was Akshaya? No it can't be her. I need to find him as soon as possible. She is no good for him, all she knows is how to hurt him. I asked Isha to show me the guy who was hanging out with Vivaan. That guy felt kinda similar but I couldn't recognise them cause I have hypermetropia.

I reached him but was in no condition to identify, chat and play with him. I need to find my brother as soon as possible. I stood away from that person and checked out my phone for any gesture of Vivaan. But none. "Vivaan was with you, right? Where is he right now?" I asked him right away not minding my tone. I couldn't give a damn about my tone cause Vivaan would be breaking down at this very minute.

"I haven't seen him since he left with a girl. She hugged him. And that's all I know," That guy replied with a bit of delusion. I must be thanking him for looking out for my brother, but understand me!

"A girl?" That one came right away without my knowledge. I mean, I should confirm that she is Akshaya. I simply cannot decide for myself. "How was she?"

"She was kinda cute... with weird nails and short hair." He replied, nodding thoughtfully. I mean god, every guy addresses or describes a girl as cute. Don't they think that it's overrated?

"Damn it," This is for describing that evil girl as cute. She is a pure devil. "Nevermind," I mutter and leave him. I have got places to search for my brother. No time, buddy, I have a brother to save.

I searched half of the places where I'd gone with him. But no sign of him. Where would he be? Damn Vivaan! I had his phone GPS since he had bought a new phone, but he had turned off his mobile because he was going to a party. God fucking dammit.

After searching for about a hundred shops and places, I decided to get some air. Maybe that will help me calm down and think of any new places. I don't know where I was because I was now in a state of delusion.

I saw a cafe near my sight and it was Christened 'the Glarites' and decided to get some coffee. I parked in the lot and noticed a car similar to one of the car's I saw at the party. Considering it as a coincidence, I let it go.

When I opened the door, I saw a similar figure sitting right in front of me. That's Vivaan. But seated with the guy I just met at the party having a company of four. A fair girl, Six pack guy, and her. Fucking Akshaya. Anyone could guess by now who Akshaya is, Vivaan's evil ex.

They dated for about twelve to thirteen months during tenth grade. They were inseparable. She became a member of our family. We trusted her. He trusted her with our family secret. We were very happy. Especially Her and Vivaan. But all good things come to an end. And it did.

Vivaan caught her cheating with a guy in summer school and it broke him to the core. He never thought in a million years that she would do that to him. They broke up. Worst of all, She never gave a shit about any of this and started to move on with the guy she had cheated with. Horribly, she started a rumor about our family that ruined Vivaan's image in school.

He even thought of suicide. He loved her damn too much. She was his first and he believed that he was her first too. But after the break up, it became significant that she never loved him. Not to mention, she broke up with him right before their board exam- and that was the last straw. Mom and I decided that we'll never let another girl get in our trust that easily again.

It was not just the cheap betrayal, it was the evident fact that she herself had made sure that Vivaan saw her with that guy. She made sure that we knew that it was no mistake when Vivaan caught them making out. A cheap way to break up.

He loved her. She fooled him. With that, Vivaan never watches or talks about love or relationships. He hates watching romance movies. He adapted to reading and watching heartbreaking and sober movies and books. We didn't scold or say anything because he was dealing with it in his own way. He never cried or blabbed about what she did to him.

Although it's been a couple of years since the break up, he hasn't gotten over it. I know him, since his birth. I will never forgive her for what she did to my brother. And now, she is right in front of me. Seated with him, making my blood boil.

-&-

agustadearly18
ivyB4winter

See you!! :)