3

Amaria's POV

"You got it baby girl, breathe in and breathe out" Momma Fai encouraged me. "I'm trying, it hurts" I whine. I continued bouncing on the yoga ball trying to not think of these extremely painful contractions. They are eleven minutes apart right now, but when they get to five I have to go the hospital. "Are you okay?" my mom asks as I nod my head groaning at the pain. I wish Dave was here right now to baby me but he is stuck in traffic. Once my tenth contraction was over with I got up trying to walk around, "Im hungry" I tell my mom who follows close behind me. She yells out to my brother Abe to get me something to eat. He does what she says immediately and pulls out a bag of chips. He opens it taking a handful for himself before passing me the bag. 

"Any word on Dave yet?" I ask Fai and she shook her head sadly. I stuff my mouth with chips out of stress. I walked back to the living room taking a seat, "Are you ready for the birth?" my sister in law asks me. "Nu uh, I would rather just be pregnant forever" I say honestly as she laughs. "Trust me sis, it is a very liberating feeling an-" she stopped talking by me rolling my eyes, she frowned seeing my facial expressions but I didn't give a fuck. I love her, but I don't have time for this liberating bullshit talk. "Well are you taking the epidural?" she asks me. "No, I read all the side affects and I don't want to risk anything" I explain as she nods smiling. "I didn't take any epidural also a freeing experience" she says as I roll my eyes again, that time was un-intentional. "Um sorry is there a problem?" she asks me sweetly. I was about to apologise before I felt another contraction, "I don't care" I groan holding onto to the arms of the chair. "Woah, okay that enough, no more baby talk" my brother says interjecting. "Still at nine minutes baby" Fai tells me. 

I get up needing to walk so I walk from the door to he living room continuously for a few minutes until I felt a very sharp pain, I didn't fall or anything cause Fai was right next to me. "You got this sweetie, seven minutes" she tells me as my heart beats faster, my baby boy is coming soon. 

I walk back over to the yoga ball and bounce as it seems to calm my nerves more than anything else. "Where is Dave" I say before feeling the baby kicks making me clench my hand together. "Baby girl I don't think he is going to make it in time, he will have to meet us there" Fai tells me as I shake my head. "No, he has to be here" I say demandingly. "it's ok we still have time, he will make it in time" I say trying to convince Fai but it's more myself. Dave is my biggest supporter, I needed him to be right next to me right now, I wish I never told him to get me snacks from target. "Can someone call him? please" I pleaded. "I got it baby" Fai said sighing and getting up to call Dave while my mom stayed by my side. She kissed my head before praying in our language. 

"She don't want to go to the hospital without you David, you need to tell her" I heard Fai whisper on the phone. She gives the phone to me, "Baby girl can you hear me?" Dave said. " Yes I can hear you" I tell him, "You need to go to the hospital, I'll meet y'all there, remember you gotta do what's bests for our son, okay?" he says gently as I calmed down. "Okay, I'll see you there, I love you" I tell him and heard everybody sigh in relief making me smile. "Okay baby, I love you more" he said before I gave the phone back to Fai. "Thank you David" she said. 

My mom helped me stand up and now everyone was standing up to get ready. I told Abe to get the baby bag from the room and we left. We all loaded in the car, my sister in law stayed back as my niece was sleep upstairs in my room. Before the car even started I felt the most painful contraction yet happen. "FUCK" I cried. "Five minutes" Fai said. She rubbed my back with one hand as I squeezed the other. "It hurts" I cry. "I know, it's going to be okay" she said as I continued to squeeze her hand. 

Abe started the car taking off immdeiatley. not long after I felt a large amount of liquid gush out of me on to the seat. "Omg I think my water just broke" I said looking down at the wet spot I just made.