Chapter Two

1950

(3rd person POV)

"YOUR MOVING?!" Benny screamed.

"SHHH! Keep it down!" Y/N shushed and frantically looked around the park to see if anyone was looking.

"Sorry, but my brain is not functioning properly. Why are you moving? Are you not happy here? Is it because of Lily? Coz' if it is, I swear I'm gonna shove her head into a-"

"Wow, wow there! Easy there tiger!" Y/N cut him off. "It's not because of Lily or that I'm unhappy. My dad got a promotion in the UK." 

Benny was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to say or what to feel. His best friend was moving out of the country. He'd probably never see her again. 

"Look Benny, I don't want to move as much as you don't want me to go. But it's been decided and there's no turning back now." Y/N said as she looked down at her shoes. both of them sat in silence for what seemed like forever.

"How long will you still be here?" Benny finally said.

"About two months." Y/N replied.

"That leaves about two months for us to hang out together before you head off to the UK." Benny said while standing up from the park bench which they were siting on. Y/N looked up at him.

"You don't have much time left here with me so we might as well spend every second of it valuably." Benny smiled at the Y/H/C haired girl. He offered her hand which she accepted.

"So, where to first?" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Two months flew by faster than a hummingbird in spring through summer. The L/Ns bundled up their belongings into the car while the Watts family helped them close up any remaining boxes. Y/N sighed and looked up at the house she's lived for her entire 10 years of life. 

"School's going to be terrible without you, you know?" Benny said while standing beside her. The duo turned and looked at each other. 

"Promise me you'll write or call me as often as you can?" Benny asked with a hopeful glimmer in his eyes as he held out his pinky finger to her.

"I promise, Watts." Y/N said, hooking her pinky with his.

Benny stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a handmade bracelet that was made with pink and blue string.

"Here keep this." He said while putting it on her wrist. "If you ever feel like your stuck in any situation, anything at all, look at this bracelet. It's to remember that I will always be there for you no matter what. And look!" Benny held up his own hand. "I have one too!"

Y/N smiled. "Thank you Benny. For everything." She hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go.

"Y/n we got to go." Her father called. Y/N looked at Benny one last time before rushing towards the car. She was about to enter but she stopped. She looked back at her best friend. She paused for a moment before running back to him and engulfing him in a last hug.

"I'll miss you Benny." Y/N whispered as her tears silently rolled down her cheek.

"I'll miss you too Y/N/N." Benny said, his voiced filled with sadness.

They pulled away before Y/N gave him a sad smile and ran back to the car.

Benny watched as the car drove away. His father patted him on the shoulder. 

"It's okay son. You may see her again." His father comforted.

"I hope so dad." Benny said as he took his mother's hand and walked away with his parents.

(meanwhile)

"Cheer up Y/N/N, I heard there's plenty of wonderful things in the UK! You can make new friends, start fresh and who knows, you might even be happy there." Mrs. L/N told her daughter. Y/N just hummed in response. The young girl looked out the window as she wondered what would happen now with this new step in her life.