Chapter Six

1962

(3rd person POV)

"THAT SON OF A-" Benny's outburst was cut off by Y/N.

"Language." Y/N said in a hoarse voice.

"A-uh female dog?' Benny corrected awkwardly. "He said that to you?" Benny asked his fists balling up.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do Benny! If I can't even get through dinner without crying, then how am I supposed to get through my entire life with them?" Y/N cried out as the tears start building up behind her eyes again. she covered her face with her hands again.

Benny got up and knelt down in front of her.

"Hey, look at me." He told her as he pulled her hands away from her face. "We'll figure this out okay? Right now, whatever emotions you want to get out now, go ahead. Scream it out, cry it out-for all I care you can hit me on the head as many times as you wish." Benny said while smiling.

Y/N laughed lightly. 

"Don't tempt me Watts. Besides, I wouldn't want to put any serious injuries on that handsome face of yours." Y/N said playfully.

"There's the Y/N I know." Benny said as his smile brightened.

"Your an idiot." Y/N said before she shoved his head away lightly. "Thank you Benny, for everything. I don't know how I've survived these past twelve years without you." Y/N said gratefully. 

"I'd gladly drop everything if you need me Y/N. I care about you and I'm pretty sure you care about me too. Even if you don't show it at times." Benny chuckled.

"You got that right." Y/N laughed along.

________________________________________________________________________________

Benny pulled over at Y/N's place. She got out of the car with Benny following behind her. 

"Thanks again Benny." Y/N said with a sweet smile etched across her face.

"Any time Y/N/N." Benny replied, the same smile spreading across his face.

Y/N kissed him on the cheek before heading into her house and closing the door behind her. 

Even though it wasn't the first time Y/N had done this, in fact she's done this a number of times since their accidental reunion, Benny still felt the heat rush to his cheeks whenever she did it. He could feel the clamminess in his palms and how his heart raced when he's around her. But he just shoved that feeling aside. 

He turned on his heel and went back to his car, not noticing the girl peeking at him through the window. 

Y/N pulled the curtains to cover the windows and sighed. 

"Y/N? Are you home?" A voice calls from the kitchen.

"Yeah mom I'm here." She replies as she hung her coat up and walked towards the kitchen. Her mother sat there with a cup of chamomile tea on the counter.

"How was dinner?" Mrs. L/N asked.

"Terrible." Y/N replied as she poured herself a glass of water. "You might wanna sit down for this." She told her mother as she started to tell everything that happened that evening to her.

"Oh dear gosh Y/N/N! That's horrible! I can't believe he said that to you!" Mrs. L/N exclaimed. "Are you okay? It must've been so hard for you." 

"I'm fine mom. Benny had already helped me out." Y/N told her mother.

"Benny? As in Benny Watts?" Her mother asked.

"Yeah, I called him not long after what happened with Richard and his father. He dropped everything just to come help me." Y/N said as a smile subconsciously crept onto her face.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say the boy fancies you." Mrs. L/N says as she drinks another mouthful of her tea.

"MOM! What the heck?" Y/N cried in shock.

"It's pretty obvious actually. I don't know how you never noticed it." Mrs. L/N said without looking up from her tea. 

"Please, Benny is my best friend! He'd never catch feelings for me!" Y/N said ignoring the heat that had risen to her cheeks.

"Whatever you say Y/N/N." Mrs. L/N said with a smirk.

Y/N just rolled her eyes and walked towards the piano.

"Don't play anything too loud. We don't want any angry neighbors." Mrs. L/N said as she finished the last of her tea before heading upstairs.

Y/N sat down and lifted the cover off the piano. She grabbed the first score nest to her, placed in on the music rack. 

Chopin Prelude in E Minor (Op. 28 No. 4). The piece suits the events that happened this evening. Y/N closed her eyes as she played the piece. Each piece she plays, she plays with emotion. Her fingers moving across the notes, flawlessly interpreting her feelings. The piano made her feel at peace, it made her calm, it made everything feel right.