Chapter Fifteen

1963

(A/N: Sorry for skipping so much, I just didn't know how to connect the story in the middle. Also, I was scared it was getting a bit draggy. Sorry guys!)

(3rd person POV)

Benny and Y/N pulled up at the hotel. Y/N was clutching her bag tightly as they got out of the car. Benny noticed her stiff state.

"You okay?" He asked placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm alright." She said while looking down.

For the past few months, Y/N had been working non-stop. She took whatever job was given to her. She really needed the money and she was determined to get it done. Of course, this drew suspicion from Richard's side of the family and they did ask her about it. But she simply replied them, that she wanted to get as much work done as she could before settling down knowing she probably won't have time to do it again. They bought her lie.

"Y/N, you've been working your ass off. If you're tired, you should get some rest." Benny told her.

"I'm not tired Benny. Just...nervous." She mumbled.

Benny looked at her with a straight face. He placed his bag down and put both his hands on her shoulder.

"Y/Full/N look at me."

She did as she was told.

"You are unbelievably talented and no one can convince me otherwise. If those judges don't pick you as the winner of this damn competition, then they are deaf. Even more deaf than Beethoven!"

Y/N stomped on his foot. He hissed in pain, his grip on her shoulders tightening.

"Don't make fun of composers like that!" She scolded.

"Sorry." Benny winced.

"Seriously, how do you have so much strength? I think you may have broke my toes." Benny continued hissing.

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Oh, man up Benny for goodness sake." She said with a smirk before walking over to the counter.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes, hi! I'd like to check in. There should be a reservation under my name, Y/Full/N." Y/N told the person.

The receptionist went over the reservations.

"Ah, yes. We have your room ready miss. One King room." The receptionist said before handing her the key.

Y/N looked confused.

"I think there must be some kind of mistake. It should be a Twin room." Y/N said.

"I'm sorry miss, but your reservation is under the King room." The receptionist explained.

Then it hit her.

"Mom!" Y/N thought to herself in frustration.

Y/N shook her head.

"It's okay then, thank you." She thanked the woman who nodded courteously.

She walked back towards Benny and held up the keys.

"Let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N pushed open the room door and the smell of fresh flowers hit her face. It was a clean and calming place. The windows were thrown open to let in the blinding sunlight.