Chapter Four

1962

(3rd person POV)

Benny stood outside Y/N's door, unsure whether to knock on the door or not. He couldn't understand why he was so nervous. It was just a hang out with his old time best friend. There was nothing to worry about. He rubbed his hands together before finally having the courage to knock. He knocked three times. Soon he heard a scurry of footsteps and a voice saying.

"Don't worry, I got it! I'm heading out anyway." The voice sounded like a males'.

The door opened to reveal a young man with dark hair dressed in a suit and holding a briefcase.

"Hello there, who are you looking for?" The man asked.

"Uh, I'm looking for Y/N is she home?" Benny asked.

"Y/N?" The man questioned.

"Richard I told you I'd answer the door!" A familiar voice said behind the man. "Oh, Benny you're here!" Y/N said brightly. She was wearing a dark green dress that fell just below her knees and hand her hair pulled back into a bun.

"This is the friend you were talking about?" The man asked her.

"Yes. Richard this is Benny Watts, Benny this is Richard." Y/N introduced.

Richard stuck out his hand. "How do you do? It's great to finally meet the infamous Benny Watts Y/N keeps talking about." Richard said while shaking Benny's hand.

"Well, I best be off. I don't want to be late for work. I'll see you later My dear." He said and gave Y/N a kiss on her cheek and she nodded politely. "It's nice to meet you Watts. I hope to see you around." Richard patted Benny's shoulder and walked away.

Y/N and Benny watched as Richard went into his car and drove away. Neither of them spoke for a while, they just stood there in awkward silence. Until Y/N finally broke the silence.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" She asked faster than usual.

"Yeah, sure." Benny replied just as quick before they walked off.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Why didn't you tell me you were married?" Benny suddenly asked.

"I'm not." Y/N replied dryly.

"The ring on your finger says otherwise." Benny pointed out.

Y/N looked at the ring on her finger. "It's an engagement ring." She said.

"You weren't wearing it yesterday." Benny remarked.

"I don't like wearing it. I can't play the piano with it on. It's far too heavy. I only wear it when Richard is around." Y/N said trying to hide how displeased she was.

"So, how did you meet your fiancé?" Benny pressed. "I bet it was pretty romantic."

"Not really." Y/N said as she spun the ring on her finger. "I barely know him."

"What do you mean?" Benny asked with a confused look.

Y/N sighed. "It's an arranged marriage." She blurted out.

Benny's eyes widened. "Arranged marriage?"

Y/N nodded. "My uncle owed Richard's father a large sum of money. He never managed to pay it off before he died and now the debt is placed on my father's shoulders. Knowing that we don't have the money, Richard's father made a proposal. If we didn't have the money, my parents will have to marry me off to his son and well, I think you can guess the rest." Y/N explained.

"And your parents are okay with this?" Benny asked.

"Trust me, they're as unhappy about this as I am. But there is nothing we can do. Unless we magically have the money which we obviously don't. So basically, I'm going to married to a man I don't even love." Y/N sighed again. "At least I'm helping the family."

Both of them reached a bench in the park and they sat down. Y/N suddenly smiled.

"I remember this was where I told you I was going to move and you were so shocked and threatened to shove Lily Smith's head into who knows where." Both of them laughed at the memory.

Benny took out a cigarette and held the box out to Y/N. She shook her head lightly to decline. Benny chuckled.

"Still the good girl I see." He said while lighting his cigarette.

"Still trying to be the bad boy I see." Y/N said mocking him.

"I'm not trying Y/N/N, I am a bad boy." Benny said while he takes a puff of smoke.

"Gosh, your an idiot." She said and smacked the back of his head causing his hat to fall.

Benny choked on smoke. He rubbed the back of his head while wincing.

"I forgot how painful this was." He hissed as Y/N laughed.

"Oh yeah? Well then you'd better get used to it again!" Y/N snickered.

The duo leant back against the bench as the clouds began to part revealing the sun.